Good restaurants in San Juan

NJDetailer

Can anybody recommend a good restaurant for dinner in San Juan? We are staying at the Double Tree on de Diego Ave.

Hi, we are planning on eating at Metropol (google it and you'll find their site) based on the recommendation of a friend who grew up in, and still visits San Juan regularly. It's good food popular with locals according to my friend. Laurie

We loved Barrachina http://www.barrachina.com/ in Old San Juan. Great food, great Pina Coladas, great flamenco floor show. They claim to be the birthplace of the Pina Colada.

I'll second that! Barrachina was wonderful and the service was great. Needless to say the pina colada's were delicious. Would definately recommend this restaurant.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! However, we'll have our 4 year old son with us so we are probably going to go with something low key. More concerned with the quality of the food and getting decent service. Of course close to the hotel is a huge plus!

Metropol is authentic and a good meal! For a more elegant dining experience, try Tangerine in the Water Club or Aquavit which is Downtown.

Metropol. The best place in SJ

GREAT food. GREAT service. GREAT place. GREAT prices. GREAT bar.

I have eaten here many times. YUM!;)

Can anybody recommend a good restaurant for dinner in San Juan? We are staying at the Double Tree on de Diego Ave.

We loved the Parrot club but loved Sofias even more!!!~~They are owned by the same group and are on the same street

There is a classic Spanish resturant in Condado area my family has eaten at several times. Large and varied menu. Smart casual and up dress code. Entrees in the $25 and up range. Excellent food and service in old world atmosphere. It is called Ramiro's. Below is some further information I found on the internet. I always call from home to get reservations. Bon Apetit!!!

Address: Avenue Magdalena 1106

Tele: 787-721-9049

Open 7 days

Reservations a must in winter

Ajili Mojili is a restaurant in the Condado area serving Puerto Rican food. Address is Ave Ashford 1052. reservations highly recommended.

http://www.hdmdesigns.com/ajili/menu.htm

Metropol is our other favorite, as previously mentioned in the Isla Verde area. Authentic Cuban and Puerto Rican food.

http://www.metropolpr.com/

So many, El Cabron, right behind the Normany hotel, great food, reasonable price, friendly people and you can eat outside if you want. Ajilli Mojilli on Ashford Ave. A little pricey but really good puertorican food, good service and nice people, clean. There is a Chili's next door if you aren't adventursome. About a block or so east of the Conado Plaza Hotel is a place called Ocean View, that serves a really good breakfast for $7.95, it includes eggs, bacon or ham, toast, juice and coffee and you can sit and watch the ocean. They have a reasonable lunch and supper menu also. Waiters on the corner of Ashford and Aguadilla has really good food at a good price, go through to the back and there is a bar, the front is a Colombo's, go upstairs and sit by the windows, it's nice. Hope this helps you and have a great time.

We ate at Metropol in Fajardo and it was Fantasic! I had delicious ropa vieja and my hubby ordered red snapper filet. He let me have a bite and I almost stole it from him!

We also enjoyed Barrachina in Old San Juan quite a bit as well as Dragonfly Too. But I'd recommend Metropol first. It's out in the Isla Verde area, not far from the airport.

Archived