CruiseTour vs. Cruise

NLRetired

We are on the Coral, CruiseTour UB5-6914 to Alaska, 5/20-06/01/09. Just curious: we join with the cruise only on 5/25 in Anchorage. The Coral holds 1970 pax. How many of those likely would be on the pre-cruise tour portion of the cruisetour??

Thanks!

We are on the Coral, CruiseTour UB5-6914 to Alaska, 5/20-60/09. Just curious: we join with the cruise only on 5/25 in Anchorage. The Coral holds 1970 pax. How many of those likely would be on the pre-cruise tour portion of the cruisetour??

Thanks!

Hard to say, cruise tours are becoming very popular so could be numerous.

Bob

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I do not know how many from your cruise will do the tour, but the hotel/lodges can only hold so many guest. When you consider that 4 ships ( Diamond, Sapphire, Island, Coral) all have tour pax, the answer must be not many from any one ship. The Diamond and Sapphire hold 2,670 pax each. Princess has pre and post paxs on tours.

I think you are doing the south bound. This is the best way to do a cruise tour.

The capacity on any particular cruisetour is limited, but keep in mind that Princess offers many different cruisetour itineraries for each and every Alaskan cruise. I am on cruisetour UA5 on the June 8th sailing of the Island Princess and when I check for availability on the cruisetour it is waitlisted in all categories yet the cruise only had availability in all but three categories. I'm sure that Princess will do their best to fill the seats on the train and the rooms in the lodges. After all, they are a for-profit business.

Archived