Any Ventua tips?

lynfra

We are off on Ventura on Feb 14th----has anyone got any tips or advice on the excursions?

Are all the treatments half price before embarcation?

Thanks

lynn

yes they are..so if you arrive on a friday then you can chill and have a look around and decide which ones to have...i had 3 in total!! i would tell you the girls name but she leaves as you arrive!

use the soda cards for cokes etc.. £20 for 20 drinks

make full use of the interactive tv in your cabin...it does pretty much anything you need...check daily menu's ordering breakfast in bed (free) and if you're at a lose end they even have a few films and tv progs on it too!! you can order your spirits for your balcony drinks from it also..

i made use of the 'pressing' service on board too... i think it was around £3 for a full dj ... give it to the steward before 10am and it'll be back by 5pm! i did this on arrival and the next day after a formal night ready for the next one! same goes for formal shirts when you arrive... we all know how creased items get in travel...

IMHO it's a little different to other p&o ships, and i think it's a case of ..."well we'll try it like this and see what happens!"... so the odd thing or two are different to other ships in the fleet, but thats why i like p&o anyway...all their ships are different.....mind you for the Ventura haters.. they'd better get used to it as it's sister ship is on it's way, with i believe another not too far behind that!!!

probably everyone has their own little tips that they'll be chipping in with as the days pass...

enjoy!

ps ... also you have a roll call up and running (albiet a quiet one!!)http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=533383

just returned wonderful cruise - we only did 2 organised excursions - followed the same itinary in taxis or local boats for the rest. The volcanos and sulpher springs at st. kitts were good - especially if you want to swim in the mud baths - also went snorkelling on catamaran. Excursions do seem cheaper compared to RCI however still much cheaper to organise own especially if you join with other people.

Apparently the trip to Mustique was fantastic but fully booked before cruise.

Catalinia Island is great and amazingly organised.

Re Spa

The only treatments that I found half price were on port days - and announced the evening before in the news sheet. I found the gym and Spa very good but costly and a lot of 'free' talks lead to sales pithch and offers that first appear good.

The classes in the gym like pallates and Zumba are good £21.00 for three.

Are all the treatments half price before embarcation?

i had treatments on the ship in november before it left barbados (as late as 5pm IIRC!!) and the one i had was definalety 1/2 price....

my parents came of the ship on friday and did exactly the same thing when they arrived on board and before the ship sailed from barbados....

maybe not all the treatments are 1/2 price or it's a case of you have to check at the spa itself...

Oh dear!

I refuse to panic----yet!

lynn

Why on earth panic. You will have a fantastic time. The ship is wonderful as are the staff.

We are just off N902 and found Ventura to be excellent.

Full report to come.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

We have been on several cruises and different ships and have just had a wonderful holiday on Ventura. All our excursions were good but on grand turk we went on the Dune Buggy one and our particular buggy was unsafe to be on main road, kept swerving without my husbandmoving the wheel. we did report it to P&O. Best one for my husband was the Americas cup race in St Martin. If you do this one its brilliant but always take on a job on board as you have something to hang onto something as the yacht moves very fast at extraordinary angles! I didn't.............. :)

• 1 month later...

Best tip I can give you is not to take any notice of other members who are biased against the ship. Second tip to try and get on the second sitting for club dinning. Third tip try the East and the White Room restaurants. Fourth the prom deck is usually quiet and nice place to enjoy the sunshine. Fifth the Ventura Gym is the best most up to date in the P/O fleet. That's just five to be going on with.

Archived