Where to park in San DIego?

xtinehowie

Will be leaving on the 12th out of SAn Diego:D, we are taking our own car since we live in Orange county (2Hr. drive). Does anyone know of a good place to park your car, I had heard that you can't park at the pier overnight. Any info would be great!

Will be leaving on the 12th out of SAn Diego:D, we are taking our own car since we live in Orange county (2Hr. drive). Does anyone know of a good place to park your car, I had heard that you can't park at the pier overnight. Any info would be great!

The parking lot across the street is open and is $15.00 a day DW and I parked there last March. It is a very easy walk to the cruise terminal.

There is a lot a short distance away from the terminal. It is called Park & Go. They provide free shuttle service to the terminal. You can register on line and will be assured of a spot. You can print out a coupon for $7.00 per 24 hr period. I have mine ready to go. Our cruise is on Feb.22. The website is www.parkingservices.net/reservations Parking does fill up in the San Diego area.

you can also drop off your bags at the port and leave them with the porters then park......

it is a very easy port to get in and out of...

we just got off the Spirit and we stayed the night at Ramda the night prior they let us park or car there for the week(free) and they shuttled us in....last year we parked at the parking lot across the street and found it a easy thing to do....

The Lane Field lot across the street is $15/day. The Five Star lot is $20/day. Here is the official website from the port district. There is no parking directly on the pier (pick-up and drop off only):

http://www.sandiegocruiseport.com/index.php/san-diego-cruise-tips.html

Do yourself a favor and use a different lot. They all shuttle to both the airport and the cruise ship pier since they are so close together. You can find those that are offering special discount coupons here:

http://www.longtermparking.com/california.htm#SDA

I use the Mission Brewery lot 1-2X monthly when flying out of San Diego on business and have had good service from them at a significant savings over most other lots.

On the subject of the San Diego cruise port, can anyone tell me if there is much of a distance and time between the port and the airport. Arriving on the ship at 7 a.m., would an 11:35 flight out of SAN most likely be do-able?

The two are very close together. In the photo below, top center is one end of the runway. Just above the aircraft carrier at the bottom is the cruise dock with a cruise ship docked ...

WITWLXIIIb.jpg

The Lane Field lot across the street is $15/day. The Five Star lot is $20/day. Here is the official website from the port district. There is no parking directly on the pier (pick-up and drop off only):

http://www.sandiegocruiseport.com/index.php/san-diego-cruise-tips.html

Do yourself a favor and use a different lot. They all shuttle to both the airport and the cruise ship pier since they are so close together. You can find those that are offering special discount coupons here:

http://www.longtermparking.com/california.htm#SDA

I use the Mission Brewery lot 1-2X monthly when flying out of San Diego on business and have had good service from them at a significant savings over most other lots.

hey splinter, the mission brewery lot , is it secured???

im just wondering since we will be in my husbands new truck..

thanks in advance,

can you email me since i dont come on here much anymore..

you give such great info !!!

thank you

melissa

melissaofoia@sbcglobal.net

It is fenced, gated, and has a cashier at the gate. There is a trailer on-site where staff are located during the hours they are open. Not sure about at night (they are open from 0500-0100 as I remember).l It is not indoor parking....as secure as any other lot in the area (and probably more secure that many of the larger lots where the staff cannot see all the parking lot at one time).

It is fenced, gated, and has a cashier at the gate. There is a trailer on-site where staff are located during the hours they are open. Not sure about at night (they are open from 0500-0100 as I remember).l It is not indoor parking....as secure as any other lot in the area (and probably more secure that many of the larger lots where the staff cannot see all the parking lot at one time).

oh good, thank you so much for the info..

so how do you find the shuttle to take you back to your car after the cruise?

and what do you think about the Days inn , hotel circle ? the one on rosecrans ave?

we just booked that for our pre cruise stay,

any info

thanks in advance,

Melissa

When you park at any of the lots around the airport or cruise line, they should give you a card with their phone number. When you get off the ship and have your luggage, call them for their shuttle with your cell phone.

Both of the Days Inn locations you mention are OK for very basic motels, but there will be a lot more traffic noise at the Rosecrans location.

Have you considered the Best Western Seven Seas instead? It is right next door to the Days Inn Hotel Circle, but you can leave your car there for the cruise for free, and they will shuttle you to and from the cruise port for free. Saving the costs of parking could make the difference in hotel prices a moot point.

When you park at any of the lots around the airport or cruise line, they should give you a card with their phone number. When you get off the ship and have your luggage, call them for their shuttle with your cell phone.

Both of the Days Inn locations you mention are OK for very basic motels, but there will be a lot more traffic noise at the Rosecrans location.

Have you considered the Best Western Seven Seas instead? It is right next door to the Days Inn Hotel Circle, but you can leave your car there for the cruise for free, and they will shuttle you to and from the cruise port for free. Saving the costs of parking could make the difference in hotel prices a moot point.

thanks splinter,

yeah i saw the best western, but i liked the suites at the days inn hotel, and it was only about 100$ a night , so it worked out since my mom is coming with us also,

i think the mission brewery looks good rather than a hotel, my husband wouldnt like to leave his truck somewhere like the hotel for all those days..

thank you again for all your info :D

Archived