Best Zip Lines In Alaska

wineforhealth

• 2 months later...

I've done the Canopy Adventures in Ketchikan twice and am looking forward to getting up there to try the one they run out of Juneau...it's run by the same company..I'm sure you will not regret it. Not sure if there are any run out of Skagway yet.

• 1 year later...
There's only one choice - the Ziprider at Icy Strait Point!!! http://www.icystraitpoint.com/index.php?page=zip-rider

In a VERY distant 2nd place I'd put Juneau.

Zipriders aren't even in the same catagory as ziplines. Not even close. A ziprider is nothing but a cheap thrill, that while entertaining for 90 seconds it leaves you wanting more when it's over. Kinda like a cheap date at a Chinese buffet, good, but an hour later you're still hungry.

Zipriders aren't even in the same catagory as ziplines. Not even close. A ziprider is nothing but a cheap thrill, that while entertaining for 90 seconds it leaves you wanting more when it's over. Kinda like a cheap date at a Chinese buffet, good, but an hour later you're still hungry.

Thanks for the clarification. There ones I saw listed were

1. Rain Forest Canopy & Zip Line Adventure - Juneau

2. Bear Creek Zipline & Challenge course - Ketchikan

3. Canopy Adventure & Wildlife Expedition - Ketchikan

All were about the same price Juneau was $10 more. Thanks for your thoughts or anyone else that has been to these!!

In June 2009, I did the Rainforest Canopy and Zipline Adventure in Juneau. I really enjoyed it. Our guides were great. Most of the people in my group had never ziplined before, including me. The guides were very patient with up and the kept us laughing. The area was beautiful and the boat ride over to the zipline was a lot of fun. We had a young teen in our group and I was the oldest at 53. The guides boosted everyone's confidence, and everyone in the group seemed to have a wonderful time.

Zipriders aren't even in the same catagory as ziplines. Not even close. A ziprider is nothing but a cheap thrill....

A Ziprider is a monster zipline. You're comparing it to a canopy tour which is a series of little ziplines with other stuff added. The fact that the price of the Ziprider is increasing dramatically year after year shows how popular it is.

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the clarification. There ones I saw listed were

1. Rain Forest Canopy & Zip Line Adventure - Juneau

2. Bear Creek Zipline & Challenge course - Ketchikan

3. Canopy Adventure & Wildlife Expedition - Ketchikan

All were about the same price Juneau was $10 more. Thanks for your thoughts or anyone else that has been to these!!

We did the Bear Creek Zipline in Ketchikan and LOVED it! There were four of us (45-50 yrs) and none had zipped before. The guides were wonderful (and patient)...the slide at the end was great fun! We all loved it so much we found a zipline close to home and took our kids :D Now we are all hooked!

Just returned from our cruise and we did the Zipline with M&M tours in Skagway. It is new this year and has 11 zip lines with 2 suspension bridges along the route. The guides were great for our group, my husband was the youngest in the group, 52 and everyone but me did flips off the platforms. They had us laughing and very comfortable and worked with me even though I was a little more cautious. I don't believe the other group did as much as us, not sure if they did not want to or if the guides did not suggest it.

Cost was $169.00 per person. You went over the woods and rushing streams.

I took all the information for the all the ziplines with me and we decided that day because the weather was clear. I called them that morning and we booked the tour for that day, we had 6 in our group. Zipline tours are definately something you should do on your own not through the boat you can be more flexible that way.

Archived