Laundromats in Lahaina and Kona

iamwatiyam

We'll be on the Wind 12-1-04. On the 7th we'll be in Lahaina and on the 14th at Kona. Are there any self-service coin-operated commercial laundromats at both places we can take our light clothes to wash/dry? I hear it's $25 a bag on the Wind. I figure we can save $50 if we do our own. Has anyone done this before? And before you chide me, I'm on SS and not related to Bill Gates. If I was, I wouldn't be on the Wind, lol, I'd be on the QE2!

;)

EL

There is a laundromat just up the hill from where the ship tenders in Kona. Very near to the Kona Brewing Company. There was a tread about it on here a month or two ago. I forget what the name is however....

Hope that helps!!

Emi

Eddie: I was in town yesterday and had to drop off a payment at the insurance company in the same shopping area as the laundromat so I thought I would see where it was. At first I didn't see it because it is actually on the Mauka (away from the ocean, behind) side of the building and if you are walking there is a throughway in the middle of the complex to get back there. If driving though, you have to drive around. If I didn't know it was there somewhere, I probably wouldn't have seen it. Did find a discount book store driving around though - that's good to know too...*smile*

Emi

• 1 month later...

I agree with ICANTWAIT. After being hit with a laundry bill from RCL for $50+ I learned my lesson. I found I can buy sox and underwear for less than it costs to have them laundered on board and when you get home you can't have too many pairs of those. The Wind is a 10 day cruise so just make sure you have a dozen or so of each. That should lighten the laundry bill. And you'll probably be picking up an aloha shirt or two at WalMart or Hilo Hatties in Kona, Hilo, Kahului or Lihue. That leaves only shorts, slacks, a few pullover shirts and perhaps a tux which will only be worn once or twice. After all this IS Hawaii. RELAX.

Just Hang Loose!

Archived