Questions About Half Moon Cay

Windy56

My husband and I are cruising Carnival for the first time aboard the Pride out of Baltimore in July. We spend a full day at Half Moon Cay. Is this a Carnival owned island and is it accessed by tenders? Does the cruise line provide food at the beach, while you are there?

Any tips for a couple of newbies would be greatly appreciated.

My husband and I are cruising Carnival for the first time aboard the Pride out of Baltimore in July. We spend a full day at Half Moon Cay. Is this a Carnival owned island and is it accessed by tenders? Does the cruise line provide food at the beach, while you are there?

Any tips for a couple of newbies would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, Yes and Yes. You're welcome. Holland America (Owned by Carnival) also goes there.

It is owned by HAL which is owned by Carnival. Have been going there for years with HAL...Was there with Carnival on my last cruise...It is tendered and yes food is supplied. You might want to take a little cash. There are island shops that are local so the S&S card won't work in them.

It was named half Moon because all HAL ships used to have an area on their ships called Half Moon though spelled in Dutch.....

we didnt know this at first, there is an shuttle truck that will run u up to the lunch area. we walked up there and it was hot. kinda cool, chickens running all over. swim out to the left a bit they have concrete chunks on the bottom...fish dwell there..otherwise its just plain beautiful white sand and clear water..haha its beautiful..even have a little chapel and a bar overlooking the beach area..have fun!

It is called Half Moon Cay after Henry Hudson's ship the Half Moon, which is part of HAL's logo. EM

That's it...The lounge was called Halve Maen or something like that that was the name of that ship.....I was trying to remember just how that went.....

I've never been to a private island. Do you have to pay for the food on the beach or is it included?

On Half Moon Cay, the food is provided - sort of a big barbeque. You pay for soda and alcohol, which goes on your S + S card.

When HAL started pulling its ships out of the Caribbean in the summer, Carnival started making use of it - now Carnival uses it year-round when HAL isn't there. Beautiful place!

On Half Moon Cay, the food is provided - sort of a big barbeque. You pay for soda and alcohol, which goes on your S + S card.

When HAL started pulling its ships out of the Caribbean in the summer, Carnival started making use of it - now Carnival uses it year-round when HAL isn't there. Beautiful place!

Thanks! I'm excited now.

We booked the Destiny and our ta said you dock at Half Moon Cay. I guess she was wrong.

Yep...you tender into HMC...here's a photo from our honeymoon in October...that's Destiny anchored there off shore. If you look closely, you can see the tender next to the ship.

It's a beautiful island and I am hoping our next cruise will take us there!

2976568854_401961b8ef.jpg

Archived