Who can make changes to automatic tips? lowering not increase

Mskerri22

The op didn't respond because she is now on her cruise. The last reply she wrote indicated she was offended/surprised at the responses. Understandable from her end, though her question was one that could have been researched - she would then have discovered how everyone feels about the auto tips.

Just saw a new HAL thread that tells of a passenger survey of the world's worst cruiselines.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=925558

MSC is rated the worst. That's the op's cruiseline. She was very worried, apparently, as she mentioned. Hope it's better than she expects. Unfortunately, we usually get what we expect, good or bad. :(

I was reading some of the reviews for MSC Orchestra (if that's the ship she's on). They started out terrible, and that might be what spooked her.

However, the last couple of weeks or so, it appears they have gotten much better, so if she lets herself, she may end up with a good cruise.

Hopefully, the crew won't be stiffed.

we'll be on a new cruiseline to the american /caribbean market MSC and its got very bad reviews but we've already paid in full and no way of getting a refund if we try to cancel this late.

I have friends who just got off an MSC ship to the Caribbean and LOVED it. We tried to book a cruise and it was full so went to RCI instead, which is fine. The free kid price is tempting though. Anyway, I read LOTS of great reviews of those ships here, especially after the first week or so. Remember, this ship service is new and it took time to work out the kinks, but according to most recent reviews, things are fine now.

If I were you, I would wait to lower them if you need to IF you find out the service on individuals was bad. Don't let a couple of reviews of a couple of cruise dates cause you to take away tips from those who might do a fantastic job. I bet after the bad reviews that the crew is trying even harder to earn back respect.

Have a great time! I am very jealous. My friends say the food is good and the shows are fantastic.

Archived