Solstice - Question about dining in Blu

cruising3

I thought I read that it may be possible to dine in Blu if you are not in Aqua Class and the restaurant isn't full. Is that correct? Are there special arrangements that need to be made? Is this something that should be handled through Captain's Club before sailing? (We are sailing in about a week.)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

We saw people turned away when there were empty tables (late seating) on our cruise. On the first day I tried to tell the matre 'd the nights we would not be dining there, but he said our table would always be ready.

I think this arrangement should be adjusted, but I am not sure how the logistics would work. At this point, I think it is still a work in progress.

We were booked in Aqua Class and ate in Blu most nights at our table for two. One evening we were able to have Blu accommodate us with a table for four so as to have two of our friends join us (they were booked in Concierge Class). The additional service charge for our guests was nominal (I think $5 per person) and we tipped the Maitre d $20. Based on my experience, the way to broker it would be through a guest who already has Blu privileges.

Even through the above process, we needed to wait until 8:45 p.m. to be seated (15 minutes after the commencement of late seating) to ensure that the guests assigned to our table for four didn't arrive to find their table taken. That same evening, I noticed they had seated a couple in our usual table for two.

Archived