british isles

archos

Does anyone know of any names of private van companies that would be able to meet 8 people at each of the ports for the British Isle July 19th sailing to take on tours. I would need for Dublin, Cork, Glaslow, Edinburgh, Belfast? Or isn't necessary that we consider doing this? Thanks

In Edinburgh you can really do your own thing. They have taxis that shuttle you into town for 5 pounds per person each way. The Castle is worth spending alot of time in and walking up there is an experience. I really enjoyed our day in Edinburgh.

In Belfast, do the "Giant's Causeway" excursion. It was great. We drove inland on the way up and along the coast on the way back. With stops at scenic overlooks. This was great.

In Cobh you can take the train to Cork. The station is at the pier and the trains are frequent and inexpensive. Then you can just amble around the Cobh when it comes to life in the afternoon. Lovely port.

In Greenock I should have book an excursion but didn't. There is nothing to do in Greenock.

In Dublin- you can take the shuttle from the ship and then do the hop-on-hop off bus. Stop at the Guiness factory. I did stop at Trinity College to view the "Book of Kells" which I thought was utterly boring. I did like the college gift shop though.

Aroch

We had 8 people in our group last year and did tours in each of these ports. In Edinburgh, Glaslow and Inverness we used Doodlebus. Dublin we took the ship shuttle in to town. In Cork we used Ecoach which took us to Blarney Castle and in to Kinsdale. In Belfast we went to Giants Causeway with a driver we got from the tourist board. If you have any problems finding these guides let me know I can give you the web sites.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know of any names of private van companies that would be able to meet 8 people at each of the ports for the British Isle July 19th sailing to take on tours. I would need for Dublin, Cork, Glaslow, Edinburgh, Belfast? Or isn't necessary that we consider doing this? Thanks

I used Lynchpin Tours www.lynchpintours.com for a tour of Belfast & the Artrim Coast including the Giants Causeway and was very pleased with the service.

The port for Glasgow is the small town of Greenock. A wonderful group of volunteers from the Inverclyde Tourist Group www.inverclydetouristgroup.co.uk will be at the pier to offer information and FREE tours of their city. We really enjoyed these 1 1/2 our tours.

Videos were made during the Belfast and Greenock tours and have been posted on YouTube.

Click on the link below for information that will lead you to these videos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=926243

Cruzer Two

Archived