Bus Transportation Cancelled To/From NY

madelinerose

Hi...I just s/w a customer service rep at NCL. Customer service had not been informed of the temporary cancellation of the bus transportation to and from NY. After the rep researched, it was confirmed, but no one knew why.

I advised the rep that he may want to tell the "powers that be" that this is a really bad decision on NCL's part and they may/will lose many cruisers who prefer the absolute convenience of the bus service.

I was also advised that since my cruise isn't until mid 2006, the bus transportation may have returned, however, I'm not holding my breath.

We should all call NCL, 800 327-7030, and voice our complaints/comments. If they hear from no one, I'm sure the bus will be gone forever. :(

from Providence, RI to pier at NYC. We think it's very convenient!

Has anyone taken advantage of the bus service from Providence? If so, do you know if they charge for parking? I've been told no from one person who used this service in the spring; just checking with you all??:confused:

I would be really upset if they got rid of the bus. We've used it twice now from Providence, and it's so terrific. If we had to drive ourselves to NY, it'd be just as easy to fly somewhere warmer...

There is no fee for parking in Providence, by the way! :D

I did voice my opinion as I am booked for feb 10 out of NY. they can not give me an answer when I asked before I voiced how I felt. They said thay did not know if they are going to keep the bus route on for the people that already booked. But she told me that they have been getting alot tof calls about the bus and tortola. So I guess all we can do is continue to voice and wait. I do not know if there is much we can do about the tortola thing, but may have a voice in the bus situation. I hope

marie

tigerlily, You're right. We'll have to hound them with phone calls.

Does anyone have their email address? Didn't see one on the site.

If we call constantly, or at least once a day, perhaps NCL will re-think their decision about transportation. Tortola is another issue.

I'm not booked until 2006 - that's a [b]lot [/b]of calls - :D .

The bus was $50 per person, roundtrip. For the four of us going in April, it would be the easiest way to get into the city.

We don't have a vehicle the size of Delaware. So, neither our vehicles can hold 4 adults plus their luggage for the trip.

[quote name='madelinerose']Cancelled - all busses to and from the NY port.

[b]I trust all of you have called NCL to voice your opinions?[/b] :eek:[/QUOTE]

We were told our bus from Providence thru New Haven is on, but will have to check again, and probably keep checking.

I just spoke with a NCL rep this morning. He told me that our April 17, 2005 bus from New Haven, CT to NYC has NOT been cancelled. He did mention that certain cities were cancelled, but ours was not.

I will make sure that I check again in February or March to confirm again.

Ct - That's great! I'm sure there are more CT than MD passengers. Good for you! ;)

[quote name='CTCruisers']I just spoke with a NCL rep this morning. He told me that our April 17, 2005 bus from New Haven, CT to NYC has NOT been cancelled. He did mention that certain cities were cancelled, but ours was not.

I will make sure that I check again in February or March to confirm again.[/QUOTE]

I spoke with the bus company Wednesday-they had just been told of the possible cancellations/routes dropped. It was still sketchy- but this is what they said. All routes are still on north of NYC -the southern are most likely the ones to be eliminated. They said to call next week or the week after and they would have more info-- the south seemed to include Phila./Balt./Allentown-Harrisburg/New Jersey. Much was still not clear, even to them so I'll call next week to check.

Hey Philly -we were going to take the bus from near the airport. We have contacted Dave's Limo/van/bus service and they are $150 round trip door to door from Philly/ Bucks County total cost for 2. So this may be our best bet. We have used their service in the past and they are good. Would have cost us more with leaving the car at Sun park long term parking- so this may help you too,

[quote name='oiseau']Hey Philly -we were going to take the bus from near the airport. We have contacted Dave's Limo/van/bus service and they are $150 round trip door to door from Philly/ Bucks County total cost for 2. So this may be our best bet. We have used their service in the past and they are good. Would have cost us more with leaving the car at Sun park long term parking- so this may help you too,[/QUOTE]

Thanks! If the bus service is canceled then I guess Dave's it will be!!!!

Also, Washington, DC :eek:

[quote name='oiseau']I spoke with the bus company Wednesday-they had just been told of the possible cancellations/routes dropped. It was still sketchy- but this is what they said. All routes are still on north of NYC -the southern are most likely the ones to be eliminated. They said to call next week or the week after and they would have more info-- the south seemed to include Phila./Balt./Allentown-Harrisburg/New Jersey. Much was still not clear, even to them so I'll call next week to check.[/QUOTE]

Archived