Cruise Critic, Bloggers, John Heald and the Carnival Fantasy!!!

*Mach*

Hi everyone, If you are interested, here is a blog posting that John posted on his website via youtube of a conversation he had with my daughter Ashlie. Normally we would have never interupted him doing a taping but we did not realize he was taping until we had already said hello then he kind of just had the camera turned on us. He titled it John Heald and His Youngest Blogger. We come into the video about a minute and 27 seconds into the taping (1:27)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEIJQs4CaSY&eurl=http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/02/10/video-update-from-the-bloggers-cruise/&feature=player_embedded

Hey Mach,

Question....is the November cruise you are talking about for 2009 or 2010 and is it out of NYC?

Thanks.

I'm on the CTN in November on the Dream. I doubt that I'd do the B2B.

I'll probably do the Blogger's out of PC but I don't see any significant interest in a CC group cruise for then.

The DREAMin with the Crazies would be fall of 2010 and out of PC...

So Mach,I take it that since you guys had such an awesome time,that there will be a repeat if another bloggers cruise happens,right?

There are already two additional Blogger's cruises scheduled for this year... both on the Dream.

I canvased the folks on the Fantasy and there were very few who would be able to do and additional Bloggers this year.

Having said all that I have every intention of doing a CC Blogger's cruise sometime next year. I'll be waiting for John's announcement!!!

Wanna come along???

:)

Hi everyone, If you are interested, here is a blog posting that John posted on his website via youtube of a conversation he had with my daughter Ashlie. Normally we would have never interupted him doing a taping but we did not realize he was taping until we had already said hello then he kind of just had the camera turned on us. He titled it John Heald and His Youngest Blogger. We come into the video about a minute and 27 seconds into the taping (1:27)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEIJQs4CaSY&eurl=http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/02/10/video-update-from-the-bloggers-cruise/&feature=player_embedded

What a great video!

It was a pleasure meeting you and Ashley on the ship! I am SO jealous of her being Platinum at seven years old!!!

Gidday,

It was an absolute pleasure meeting ALL the CC folks (especially Host Mack and Stitch) on board the Fantasy last week!

Both Ann and I had an awesome time - from meeting the press as well as the guy with the 'bubbles' and the 'crazy hats'.......(not sure if any of the Bloggers saw that guy)!!!

I have just returned from Mardi Gras in NO (spent several days after the Fantasy).......

We are looking at doing several more cruises this year ending up with the JH Bloggers Cruise from PC on the Dream in December!!!

If anyone wishes to stay in touch, please e-mail me on: *****@gmail.com

Regards,

For those who missed (perhaps because they were on the cruise), here are my pics...

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/index.htm

Never got around to scanning the Capers and am not waiting for a pooter plane to get me to DFW to catch an starship to Buenos Aires to catch up to Carnival Splendor

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/index.htm

Well, obviously you are a fantastic photographer, but can you tell me what kind of camera you are using? Your pics are so clear and crisp with such vivid colors. Did you use the same camera for your underwater pics?

Gidday,

It was an absolute pleasure meeting ALL the CC folks (especially Host Mack and Stitch) on board the Fantasy last week!

Both Ann and I had an awesome time - from meeting the press as well as the guy with the 'bubbles' and the 'crazy hats'.......(not sure if any of the Bloggers saw that guy)!!!

I have just returned from Mardi Gras in NO (spent several days after the Fantasy).......

We are looking at doing several more cruises this year ending up with the JH Bloggers Cruise from PC on the Dream in December!!!

Regards,

NORMAN!!!

Hello, my friend!! We had a great time, just fantastic!!!

Thanks for all the photo ops!! Love the hats!!!

Don't be a stranger!!!

Gidday,

Regards,

Norman, I never had a chance to meet you on the Fantasy Bloggers cruise but I saw you all over the ship. You must have a blast every where you go. We will not be on the bloggers cruise in December due to another vacation already booked for Vegas.

Looks like you were always taking pictures. Do you post your pictures on the web? You to a photo of me and the wife on Mardi Gras night at the piano bar. We did not get any pictures of ourselves that night and were looking for any that might of had us in them.

Unfortunately, we 'left' a camera bag in a cab in NO and must replace the cords (our computer and camera chargers were in the bag as well as a small underwater digital camera)......:mad:

Give me a few days and Ann and I will post our photos on a site for everyone to see and share.

Miss you guys (and gals)!!

Gidday,

Regards,

I can't wait to sail with you, Ann and "the hats" in December!!!

Unfortunately, we 'left' a camera bag in a cab in NO and must replace the cords (our computer and camera chargers were in the bag as well as a small underwater digital camera)......:mad:

Give me a few days and Ann and I will post our photos on a site for everyone to see and share.

Miss you guys (and gals)!!

Dang, thats a real bummer. Don't be a stranger. Us Bloggers got to stick together as no one else understands us.

Give us a shout when you get your picture up. You must of took a couple of thousand.

How does a guy from down under end up cruising the Caribbean like some pirate born to it.

*****@gmail.com

Regards,

I KINDA remember some goofy guy...er...GUY...with crazy hats and a bubble machine!:D;) I really looked forward to the hats everyday!

What a great video!

It was a pleasure meeting you and Ashley on the ship! I am SO jealous of her being Platinum at seven years old!!!

Thanks Mach, it was a pleasure meeting you and Stitch. You did a wonderful job. Hope you enjoy the New Orleans mugs:)

What a great video!

That's why Carnival needs to get off the 'pot' (so to speak) with this loyalty program.

You have more and more kids out there like Ashley being Platinum at 7 and DJ being a Milestone Rewards Member at 17 that will never lose their "status". Jaime was just talking about a 3 year old that already had 6 Carnival cruises under their belt.

Carnival needs to make sure they keep up with their "growing" loyality base!!

the Loyalty program needs a complete overhaul!!!

If you have not seen this.....check out:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=62662931.blog

Thanks Gene and all the other press from the cruise! Was a pleasure meeting you all! Hope our paths cross again on the oceans of the world......:)

No loyalty program is required for me to be a repeat Carnival customer.

About the only change I am interested in seeing is discounted (doesn't even have to be free) Internet.

While repeat business is good, the company will only grow by attracting new customers. Without new customers, it won't be able to tread water, and the business will shrink.

Unfortunately, given the current economy, there are aren't as many new cruisers as there once were. So to up the percentage of repeat cruisers, it is not surprising that the loyalty program is being looked at.

While an important business segment, repeat customers are only worth so much.

No loyalty program is required for me to be a repeat Carnival customer.

About the only change I am interested in seeing is discounted (doesn't even have to be free) Internet.

While repeat business is good, the company will only grow by attracting new customers. Without new customers, it won't be able to tread water, and the business will shrink.

Unfortunately, given the current economy, there are aren't as many new cruisers as there once were. So to up the percentage of repeat cruisers, it is not surprising that the loyalty program is being looked at.

While an important business segment, repeat customers are only worth so much.

I agree that our family of four does not cruise Carnival for the "rewards".

We were all Platinum years before the program even started.

But it is nice to be appreciated. And as you said with the economy the way it is, it seems all the cruise lines may be battling for those cruise dollars.

(new or used)

They are probably hoping that us "oldies" will bring some "newbies" onboard.

Hence the new "Carnival Party" idea. That will be interesting to watch.

Gidday,

Regards,

Ah, Norm, good to hear from ya! We had great fun with you. Hope we get to see you again some day! It was tons of fun to see your different hats each day! Where do you get them all?

How cool is that?! Ashlie is adorable and it was a pleasure to spend time with her and her mom, too!!!

Archived