Cruise Critic, Bloggers, John Heald and the Carnival Fantasy!!!

*Mach*

Evening Krewe,

Got home today from New Orleans and the GREAT cruise we had.

It was wonderful meeting everyone in person. It felt as if we were family getting together for a cruise. Which we were! Only different part was we didn't know each other until the day of the 6th for the charity event or the 7th when we official started the cruise.

Now we are family forever!

There were so many activities keeping us busy, it was hard getting to do them all. With all the "free" cocktail parties, I can't imagine anyone having a huge bar tab this time. Juan's Fiesta was grand and the buffet was very good too.

I will look forward to cruising with many of you again. We are just one big extended family now.

Penny, Ruth, Sheri, Cheryl & Diana dinner every evening just won't be the same. Diana, I'm going to look up Walter, the "xxxxxxx" dog.;)

Bug - Did you ever win at bingo on this cruise?

Now, do we really have to go back to regular living of cooking our dinner and having to turn down our own beds?:(

I have already looked up and found the book for sale and have asked my Grand if they have it at her school and she said "Well no Grandma"

Hope everyone had a happy valentines day Robert and I was scheduled to go with the Seniors at church out for lunch but Robert went fishing and my dear SIL went with me to lunch.

Oh and by the way a dear friend of mine will be moving to Dallas at the end of this week so I will have a reason to come to Texas!!

I only gained 2 pounds on ship so won't have to work too hard to get it back off.

For those who didn't get to go to Emerils with us for lunch please put it on your to-do list the next time in NO it was wonderful!!

----------------

Ruth

I was one number away from winning the $1000 bingo when I heard those dreaded words that will make even an old lady cuss............BINGO.

Dave

Dave was that the Bingo with the X. Because if it was, I was also away from winning the $1000. I only needed number 6:mad:

MACH:

I kept meaning to ask...but I was to busy having fun!!!!

The fuel supplement was not credited to our account as OBC as it had been last month when we cruised on the Fantasy.

The Purser's desk said they are now crediting your credit card back. Is this correct?

Thanks

Yeah... that was an issue that I asked Johna about... The fuel credit will show up on the card that you paid for your voyage with. Those other folks got checks issued from their TA as many paid by check and not credit card...

By the way... it was a joy to sail with you kids again. I could tell that DJ was having a great time! There were nothing but smiles when Stitch and I saw him running about doing the scavenger hunt!!!

:)

Yeah... that was an issue that I asked Johna about... The fuel credit will show up on the card that you paid for your voyage with. Those other folks got checks issued from their TA as many paid by check and not credit card...

By the way... it was a joy to sail with you kids again. I could tell that DJ was having a great time! There were nothing but smiles when Stitch and I saw him running about doing the scavenger hunt!!!

:)

Might I add that Stitch is the cutest thing ever.....you make a lovely couple!

Well Bayou Bloggin Krewe Bug and I are home.Hope everyone else got home safe and sound.;)I would like to tell all of you that you were all the best bunch of cruise pals anyone could ever hope for.It has been a pleasure to cruise with this Krewe.Anyone who hasn't sailed a group cruise don't know what they are missing.Bug says hi to all and she didn't win bingo this time.:(But there's always next time.:)Are we there yet???? :oOh excuse me old habits are hard to break.:D

Well Bayou Bloggin Krewe Bug and I are home.Hope everyone else got home safe and sound.;)I would like to tell all of you that you were all the best bunch of cruise pals anyone could ever hope for.It has been a pleasure to cruise with this Krewe.Anyone who hasn't sailed a group cruise don't know what they are missing.Bug says hi to all and she didn't win bingo this time.:(But there's always next time.:)Are we there yet???? :oOh excuse me old habits are hard to break.:D

Gary I sure enjoyed sailing with you and Bug. I wish I could enjoy life as Bug does! I bet she never meets a stranger. I really hope to get to sail with ya again ! And Gary if ya are ever anywhere near north Alabama give me a call! God Bless Ya: Ruth

There is no lighting around the vanity……haven’t figured that out.[/font]

The bathrooms now have “low lighting” and kind of like a pedestal sink…….no counter space. !

:eek::eek: how do you see to do your make-up? Guess I'll be packing a lighted mirror when it's my turn on the "new" Fantasy in November.

Ya'll take good care of her and have fun....looking forward to many more posts and pictures.

Happy Sails!!!

Hey PopTart, I can't believe I took a pic of the bathroom. We were in U150. I don't get the lighting either. Was that a light above the toilet? It was never on, but looked like a bulb to me. Thank goodness there was ample room anyway. ;)

HPIM1401.jpg.28892b095c9c517a3fa20e21c4ddbfcd.jpg

HPIM1402.jpg.3a03e21fa5878ae70a6b4b217d5fc5d3.jpg

[b

Hey PopTart, I can't believe I took a pic of the bathroom. We were in U150. I don't get the lighting either. Was that a light above the toilet? It was never on, but looked like a bulb to me. Thank goodness there was ample room anyway. ;)

Looks like I'll be packing a lighted makeup mirror! :D Thanks for the picture. I can't tell the bathroom looks any different than it ever did.

For those who missed (perhaps because they were on the cruise), here are my pics...

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/index.htm

Never got around to scanning the Capers and am not waiting for a pooter plane to get me to DFW to catch an starship to Buenos Aires to catch up to Carnival Splendor

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/index.htm

:eek::eek: how do you see to do your make-up? Guess I'll be packing a lighted mirror when it's my turn on the "new" Fantasy in November.

Ya'll take good care of her and have fun....looking forward to many more posts and pictures.

Happy Sails!!!

I believe the thing above the toilet was the vent. If you listen close you can hear people in the room next to you which is why we always keep the bathroom door closed.

Dave

Ah, you guys were so much fun to meet. Be sure and tell Bug I love her and lots of hugs to you both!

Hey, kids...

In case anyone didn't get a chance to buy the Blogger's DVD, like me, I've been working with John and Tex. The AV department on the Fantasy has the master DVD and they'll be sending it to Carnival HQ and the DVD will be available via the blog!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

:D

Hey, kids...

In case anyone didn't get a chance to buy the Blogger's DVD, like me, I've been working with John and Tex. The AV department on the Fantasy has the master DVD and they'll be sending it to Carnival HQ and the DVD will be available via the blog!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

:D

thanks mach would love to have a copy of it, keep me or suzy posted

Mach....don't forget to let us know as soon as you have the dates for Dream. We're working on our 2010 schedule!!!!

Keeping the fall open......November?

Will do.

I'm planing on November as the prices seem to be near the lowest then. Many of us will have to fly in so that will help defray the costs...

Squidly, it was a pleasure to sail with you and Bug. I sincerely hope that we have a chance to sail together again soon.

Has there been any answer as to why we never received the champagne/strawberries??

I'm still sorting through that but this is what appears to have happened...

Very early on one of the other groups got pricing and perks that were decidedly better than ours. I protested to Laura and she contacted Johna. I was told that we would be getting the same amenities and pricing as the other group which included the champagne and strawberries.

When the information finally came down it appears that we did not get the champagne and strawberries as Carnival gave the other folks more amenity points than we got. I failed to notice that they had not been included so I guess it's my fault.

I ASSUMED that we would get the same treatment as the other group and you know what happens when we assume...

Foo...

I THINK that's what occurred but I'm still not positive.

Archived