Cruise Critic, Bloggers, John Heald and the Carnival Fantasy!!!

*Mach*

Our local TV station said that the World Cruise ship (residential ship) is sitting at the New Orleans dock.........I spotted the top of her from the rooftop of my SIL's condo this evening in the wharehouse district.

It will be cool for all the bloggers on the Fantasy to see..... this ship!

This is the first time "The World" has come to NOLA.

-brenda

She's a pretty ship! I saw her on her maiden visit to Grand Cayman when we were there for our honeymoon over 5 years ago!

OMG, Hockey Addict, those photos are AWESOME!! Great job, THX!

And, BeeBeeCee, you are right on target about the chocolate melting cake....it is to DIE for....delishshshshsh!!

Okay, guys, we're eagerly anticipating the first official post from the wonderful Fantasy after the sail away. Who's it gonna be??? C'mon, we're waaaaaitiiiiiiiiing. Oh, I simply can't stand it.

OMG, Hockey Addict, those photos are AWESOME!! Great job, THX!

And, BeeBeeCee, you are right on target about the chocolate melting cake....it is to DIE for....delishshshshsh!!

Okay, guys, we're eagerly anticipating the first official post from the wonderful Fantasy after the sail away. Who's it gonna be??? C'mon, we're waaaaaitiiiiiiiiing. Oh, I simply can't stand it.

I tried to get a few for all of the bloggers onboard. I thought maybe some of them might like to see it with THEM onboard!

Well.... maybe later tonight we will see some posts. They are all having a blast right now I bet!

We're here...we're here! We had a blogger's cocktail hour with John at 5 pm and then dinner at 6:00 pm. Our cocktail hour ended with a wonderful video from Heidi!

Yes I had WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE. I am so stuffed! We are having a ball. I sure the other will be on-line later.

Does anyone have any questions or stuff that you want us to check out!

Hey, ET2, is Big Tex still on board? He was our cruise director and I believe he's not leaving the Fantasy until the end of February.....GREAT GUY, I'll have to admit. I was presented with a "ship-on-a-stick" for my 50th birthday celebration on 12/30/08. My son made all of the the arrangements with Big Tex. It was AWESOME receiving it, and is PROUDLY displayed with the trophy that I won on the Carnival Destiny years ago.

I have a visual of you sailing down the Mississippi River right about now. Oh, please know that we are all thinking about you guys and wishing you a wonderful time. Keep us posted, okay?

Party Hearty,

Sally

ps ....chocolate melting cake....mmmmmmmmmmmm :p

bloggercrazies-1.jpg?t=1234046031

This is our Krewe before sail away!! Wave bye bye LOL

Hey Tess! How ya doin?!? I came in here to see if we're hearing anything about the cruise, and I found ya! Why don't you come visit in our roll call? Once a sinna, always a sinna, I say! Hope you're well:)

Floatie and Jeff promised some drankie posts....let's see if they come through!;):p

Sure everyone on board is having a great time :p!!!

Question for anyone who wants to answer, looking at the pics that have been posted it looks like there are no balcony rooms on this ship ! Is this the case with this class ship ?

Hey Tess! How ya doin?!? I came in here to see if we're hearing anything about the cruise, and I found ya! Why don't you come visit in our roll call? Once a sinna, always a sinna, I say! Hope you're well:)

Floatie and Jeff promised some drankie posts....let's see if they come through!;):p

Hi ya Linda, I am ok, how you doing?? I will stop by and say hi to all the sinners soon. Gotta sail with you guys again sometime!!! Only reason I am up now is to see if them guys decide to post. They should be about hitting the Gulf soon.

Good morning bloggers! I slept like a rock last night. Love the bedding.

I thought I would tell you what our cabin looks like…..we are in U41 which is an ocean view on Upper Deck. Very convenient to the elevators. If there were parties next door last night…….we sure didn’t hear anything.

They have brand new life jackets throughout the ship….got rid of the old grungy ones!

Less furniture in the cabins…..flat screen TV is up on a corner shelf. Our beds are pushed together. There is no couch, no table. There is a chair in one corner. Lots more room to walk around.

There is a small vanity with 5 drawers in it……the plug is here and I have the laptop set up here. Yes there is Wi Fi in the cabins! There is no lighting around the vanity……haven’t figured that out.

The bathrooms now have “low lighting” and kind of like a pedestal sink…….no counter space. There is one shelf above the sink. I travel with the “over the door” shoe hanger and it fits perfectly on the inside of the bathroom door.

The closet space is plentiful. One closet is all shelves, so you can store lots of stuff in there. The safe uses a code…….not a card.

Fantasy looks wonderful!

Yes, Bix Tex (not so big these days) is on board.

IMG_5389.JPG

Some pics from today (perhaps more to come):

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/nola/indexNola.htm

and in general,

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/index.htm

Hi there!

Enjoyed the Photos!

I can't believe Big Tex lost so much weight!:eek: We cruised with him last year!

Later

We're here...we're here! We had a blogger's cocktail hour with John at 5 pm and then dinner at 6:00 pm. Our cocktail hour ended with a wonderful video from Heidi!

Yes I had WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE. I am so stuffed! We are having a ball. I sure the other will be on-line later.

Does anyone have any questions or stuff that you want us to check out!

Happy to see you'll having a wonderful cruise can't wait to cruise with ya agiain.....We need more post from the Blogger's.....;)

Just wanted to check in and say that we are all having a great time! Had a fun Q and A with John this morning...he is SO funny, and you can just tell he is a great guy! We are all having a great time, i'm sure others will be posting throughout the day, with more pictures! Tonight is elegant night, plus the Captain's cocktail party, and at 10pm is the Mardi Gras parade thingie! Should be lots of fun!! Just wanted to add that I will pass along the word at our meet and greet at 1:30 that more updates are needed!!

Hey, kids!

Please forgive me for not reporting sooner but we’ve been having a TON of fun and getting time to even pull my laptop out of the case has been difficult!

The people at the cruise terminal in New Orleans didn’t know what to make of the invasion of Cruise Critic blue t-shirts and the screams of ‘WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!’ that echoed throughout the hall!!!

I had a GREAT time meeting all the great folks from Cruise Critic yesterday! Lots of hugs and smiles all around. It was like a family reunion with everyone laughing and singing each others praises. Believe me, these guys were READY for a cruise!!!

We had a great reception with John yesterday evening and a wonderful video from Heidi. She shot it herself sitting on the floor of the Thingy’s room. She pointed out all the clothes, diapers and what not that had accumulated as they put things together. She looks absolutely grand, happy and definitely pregnant. As the video ended John tried to make a few comments but his voice broke and tears began flowing down his cheeks. He tried to apologize but the Bloggers would hear none of it. It really was quite emotional. Later in the week we’re going to put together a video for John to send to Heidi. Somehow I can’t help but feel that it won’t be near as classy as the one she sent us.

The ship is really lovely. If I have several moments I’ll resize some pics and post ‘em here. The atrium is bright and airy without the Las Vegas feel that we see on so many Carnival ships. The Lido pool area is gorgeous. With Calypso music playing in the background you really so get a resort feel. I love it!

The food has been top notch. I sat with the Maitre D’ for about ten minutes this morning and chatted about the amazing job the entire dining room crew does. Despite the fact that I completely understand the military precision required to overcome the dinner assault I am still stunned that they can pull it off and pull it off they do. I had Black Tiger Shrimp cocktail and Smoked Hudson Valley duck breast for appetizers and Flatiron Steak with a Three Peppercorn sauce for an entree. It was perfect with a side of garden peas and carrots in a sweet butter cream sauce. Stunning. Fresh fruit was desert but Stitch was making oddly sexual noises as she delighted herself with Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. There was some reference to ‘Harry Met Sally’ that completely went over my head…

The show last night was BEAUTIFUL! I had seen the same show on the Splendor but it was even better here on the Fantasy. Lewis Nixon was the comedian and he was BRILLIANT! He had both Stitch and I in stitches along with the rest of the audience. He has an R rated show tonight that promises to be over the top!

As we were still fairly close to the mainland the outside air was a little on the cool side. After a very few minutes of watching the black sea turn into at trail of white foam we returned to the warmth of the interior of the ship.

After sitting at the Atrium Bar for a few minutes we were joined by Stormn’ Norman. A great many of you know Norman and those who have not met him must. I’ve met only a very few people with his love of life and cruising. It’s infectious. By the way, Norman is an Aussie and a quirky Aussie at that. He arrived at the bar dressed in a flannel night shirt and cap adorned with blinking LEDs. Yep… he’s quite the lad.

The Lido Deck was quiet by 11:30 PM. The events of the day and three hours sleep in the last forty eight dictated an early bed time.

Host Mach:

I loved your review. I can imagine the moment when Heidi's video was shown because when I saw it at home it made me think about the way they both must be feeling being apart and it's theirs first baby. Your description made me cry and I was glad I was not there because I would have cried also and I don't like to cry in public HA! I'm also very happy to hear that all is perfect. Your description of the ship and the food made me smile. Please continue.

Say Hi to my family of Big Ed's Evil krewe from me and a big huggo for John. sigh......

Nanni

Archived