Jamaica harrassment patrol

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I recently read an article that Jamaica will employ around 150 full time personnel whose only duty is to make sure merchants no longer aggressively harrass tourists. I will be curious to see if this really helps! Guess Jamaica officials are finally listening to our complaints! That is the only island where I was actually AFRAID.

I recently read an article that Jamaica will employ around 150 full time personnel whose only duty is to make sure merchants no longer aggressively harrass tourists. I will be curious to see if this really helps! Guess Jamaica officials are finally listening to our complaints! That is the only island where I was actually AFRAID.

Got a link:confused:

That is great news. I've heard many bad stories. We hired a private driver in Jamaica and had a fantastic day. Weren't hassled at all and I didn't feel afraid once. If anyone approached us, he took care of it. We saw so much more than we would have on our own. We did a city tour with him pointing out different spots, then he drove us to several pretty photo ops, then we toured Rose Hall great house, ate lunch at the Pork Pit and spent 2 hrs at Doctors Cave beach. It was one of the best days of our cruise. And only $150 for 4 people (plus admissions to sites) which I though was really good! :)

Archived