Flight Times - New York

ABG

I've tried a search for this and found a few answers, but not many for New York.

My previous cruise experiences have been out of Fort Lauderdale and San Juan. In May, I'll be leaving out of New York (Brooklyn). I was curious about what time to make my flight home. I know that there is more travel time between the port and the airport than in Fort Lauderdale. I will be flying in and out of LaGuardia (LGA). There is an 11:55 am flight that I would like to take but I'm worried it's too early. It's gives me an 2 hour layover in Atlanta. The next flight choice leaves around 1pm but only has a 45 minute layover in Atlanta, which seems too short. I could take flights later in the day, but I'd get home really late (I still have to drive once I reach my final destination).

Any advice is appreciated.

We sailed out of NJ a few years back. We were late getting of the ship. It was around 10 am. I would not take the 11:55 flight just in case. I would feel better with the 1pm. A layover of 45 min is not bad I have had one that was only 30 min (JFK) and all was fine.

Did you go over to the Cruise Air forum. There are quite a few knowledgable flyers over there that might help you. I have learned a lot about different airports, flights etc. from that forum.

Marilyn

The time we went out of Brooklyn our disembarkation was hampered by very bad weather. We were supposed to have been off the ship NLT 9:00 but it was almost 10:00 by the time we were off and had our luggage. I had booked a flight that left LGA around 1:00. It would have been a stressful time getting to the 11:55 flight. Even our flight was delayed because of weather as were all others. You just never know.

Did you go over to the Cruise Air forum. There are quite a few knowledgable flyers over there that might help you. I have learned a lot about different airports, flights etc. from that forum.

Marilyn

Thanks...I didn't know there was an Cruise Air forum.

It also really depends on the day of the week your ship comes back into NYC. We came back in on a Saturday morning and had no problems making an early flight. Actually, we had booked a later flight, but just asked if we could get the earlier flight when we checked in at the airport. All that can happen is they say "no" and you end up spending time at the airport. But if you're running late the change fees HURT! Just my two cents.

Archived