ftc?...on/off

stoofystyles

first, i'd like to thank all cc members. i'm going on my first cruise March 1 on the pearl!! My so and I are so excited!! I've been reading the forums for hrs everyday(even learned some of the lingo) Most have been answered but I still have a couple of ?s

THanks again for all the help.

DOES THE PEARL HAVE A BILLIARDS TABLE FOR ADULTS TO PLAY AND HAVE A COUPLE DRINKS?

IF U WANT TO LEAVE A PORT EARLY AND GET BACK ON THE BOAT CAN U DO SO AT ANY TIME THROUGHOUT THE DAY?

DO THE EATING AREAS HAVE TAKEOUT? I'D LIKE TO BRING MY OWN LUNCH ON AN EXCURSION THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE A MEAL. CAN U TAKE FOOD OFF THE SHIP?

DO THE PORTS OR SHIP EXCHANGE CURRENCY?

first, i'd like to thank all cc members. i'm going on my first cruise March 1 on the pearl!! My so and I are so excited!! I've been reading the forums for hrs everyday(even learned some of the lingo) Most have been answered but I still have a couple of ?s

DOES THE PEARL HAVE A BILLIARDS TABLE FOR ADULTS TO PLAY AND HAVE A COUPLE DRINKS?

IF U WANT TO LEAVE A PORT EARLY AND GET BACK ON THE BOAT CAN U DO SO AT ANY TIME THROUGHOUT THE DAY?

DO THE EATING AREAS HAVE TAKEOUT? I'D LIKE TO BRING MY OWN LUNCH ON AN EXCURSION THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE A MEAL. CAN U TAKE FOOD OFF THE SHIP?

Haven't been on the Pearl, but I didn't see a billiards table on the Star. You may leave a port at any time and return to the ship. If you are docked, you just walk on. If you are tendering, there may be a line.

The ships exchange currency (at a hefty fee). Ports usually have ATM machines where you may also get currency.

DOES THE PEARL HAVE A BILLIARDS TABLE FOR ADULTS TO PLAY AND HAVE A COUPLE DRINKS? Can't help with this one since I haven't been on Pearl, but neither Jade, Star, or Sun have billiards that I know of.

IF U WANT TO LEAVE A PORT EARLY AND GET BACK ON THE BOAT CAN U DO SO AT ANY TIME THROUGHOUT THE DAY? Yep - just be reminded that if you have to tender to the ship(anchored away from the pier) that you may have a wait, they usually wait until the tenders are full before they leave the pier - sometimes may take 15 minutes or so.

I have had good luck getting take out from almost all the restaurants - they usually just give you the plate with some plastic wrap over it. Regarding taking food off the ship, the ship and the ports usually request that you not do so - concern is with taking a pest ashore that doesn't currently live where ever it is you are living. That being said, I have on occasion taken some fruit or a sandwich from room service ashore with me. We usually pack a few zippered plastic bags and use them. We always bring the apple core or bannana peel back with us on the ship just in case - not sure that really helps with the pest concern, but it makes us feel better.

Have a great cruise - there is nothing like your first! ....well except for your last<grin>

Clay

Don't know for sure about the Pearl but I've never sen a billiards table on any NCL ship.

Yes, you can come back aboard at any time.

Absolutely not. There are strict rules regarding food products being taken off of ships. Most have to do with local laws due to disease, pests, parasites, etc.

I've never had the need to do so but I'm sure you can find a place in port. Perhaps on the ship. Hopefully someone else can answer this for you.

CG

Thanks everyone for ur answers!!

We're going to coz, roatan, belize and stir cay. Shouldn't i have the currency the place uses incase there's a place that doesn't accept us$ (hey, the closest i've been to an island is vegas heehee)

Cozumel for sure takes USD. I've been to both Roatan and Belize and I'm "pretty sure" you'll be fine with a credit card or USD. A Capitol One credit card is great because there are no foreign transaction fees charged.

Not only can you come back to the ship any time it's in port...you don't have to leave the ship if you don't want to. There are all kinds of things to do onboard while everyone else is out wandering around. Restaurants are open, the gym and spa is available, library, games, etc.

You are really not supposed to take any food off the ship except that which is pre-packaged in sealed containers (like bags of chips, for example). Nor are you supposed to bring food on the ship (again, except that which is commercially packaged). This isn't a cruise ship "rule" but has to do with protecting crops and food chain distribution in various locations.

You don't need to bother with currency exchange in the ports you're visiting. Most will take American dollars (or to be safest, use a credit card where you can. You'll get the best exchange rate that way, anyway.)

Have a great cruise!

Archived