USS Missouri closed

Deloresgardella

I just went to the USS Missouri web site and saw no mention of any closures. I even went so far as to place an order for tickets for our trip in April. I was able to place an order. I would go to the web site and attempt to place an order for tickets around the time you want to take the tour.

I just checked the government site. The tickets to actually go out to the Missouri are free, cannot be reserved and are on a first come basis. The hours are 7:30-5:00. I have done this a couple of times and it is a wonderful experience. There are tours that take you on a boat around the memorial but you are not able to get off.

I apologize - it is the tour to the Arizona that is run by the park service and free of charge. And this is the one that I have done. Cherie

The Missouri will be closed later this year from September to after Thanksgiving. Its not on the site. Call the reservation system. I did, they said it will be closed for renovations. Or check yourself online. Click on reservations, enter a September date and it will say your tour is not available.

I know the dates it gave you showed some feb dates and then nothing til December, but if you put in say June 15, it will give an opportunity to reserve (don't understand that). But if you call, they will tell you the dates she goes into drydock. I believe its right after labor day til right after Thanksgiving. We'll be there in October so it looks like I'm out of luck. Hope this helps.

Archived