Ordering Egg Crates

Jimjam

Can anyone give me a fax # or telephone # so I may pre order egg crate for our upcoming May cruise.. All the posts indicate the bedding was not changed on the recent CB dry dock and even the egg crates are very thin and hard.. We enjoy a fairly soft bed and are spoiled after sleeping on the Holland American Beds. I will order two or even three egg crates if available and necessary. Thanks in advance.

Jim

Can anyone give me a fax # or telephone # so I may pre order egg crate for our upcoming May cruise.. All the posts indicate the bedding was not changed on the recent CB dry dock and even the egg crates are very thin and hard.. We enjoy a fairly soft bed and are spoiled after sleeping on the Holland American Beds. I will order two or even three egg crates if available and necessary. Thanks in advance.

Jim

I will have to locate the fax number for you as I don't have it right here with me.

But I can tell you two things. In the past, the fax only worked to have the egg crates on the bed when we arrived when we have taken a cruise to the Caribbean, any other area, nope, the request didn't get sent to the ship.

Also, no matter how many egg crates you pre-order, there will only be one on your bed, if it's there, when you arrive.

I would wait to board and take this up with your room steward for multiples.

We ended up with three toppers last month in our suite (and that didn't really make a big difference with these new ones they are using that are so thin and don't actually have the egg crate design). Our room steward had to call his supervisor to get special permission to use more than one on our bed. :(

Our experience has been the same as Toto's, and we received an email confirmation of our request for the eggcrates. If you tell your cabin steward when you arrive, they will be on the bed that night. Have never had a problem with it.

It was "Hit or Miss" with us. We have sent FAX 6 to 8 weeks before the cruise and have gotten the egg grate topper on bed and sometimes have arrived to see they were not on the bed. The past few cruises and We have 20 so far under our belt with Princess, have just asked our room steward and never a problem.

Do you need the topper on the Ruby which is so new?

It depends on what you are used to sleeping on at home. If you enjoy extra extra firm mattresses, you will like the beds. If not, then many of us seem to find a creative way to soften them up a bit. ;)

I just got off the phone with Princess, and they gave me a different fax number. It is 661-284-4885. :confused:
That's the one we used to get our confirmation that our request has been received. It's also on our Cruise Personalizer under "My Special Services".

Archived