URGENT - How Long To Tender???

Sashamcg

Our ship arrives in Grand Cayman at 8:00am. I want to book the 10:00am tour to Stingray City with Captain Marvin. They told me that check in time at the office is 9:15am. I should have enough time to get off the ship and tender to shore and make it by 9:15 shouldn't I? There is only one other ship in port that day.

When I emailed Joan at Captain Marvin's she didn't say there was an issue. But my friend just signed up for the same tour and Joan told her that she might not make the 9:15 sign in time.

Just very confused here...

I would think you would have no problem. When I have been there, the long lines were to get back on the ship. Plus if you booked an outside tour, you will probably wait for people who are late, they want to make sure they can get everyone they can, and most people probably won't try to get off until 9. This happens to me a lot.

Our ship arrives in Grand Cayman at 8:00am. I want to book the 10:00am tour to Stingray City with Captain Marvin. They told me that check in time at the office is 9:15am. I should have enough time to get off the ship and tender to shore and make it by 9:15 shouldn't I? There is only one other ship in port that day.

When I emailed Joan at Captain Marvin's she didn't say there was an issue. But my friend just signed up for the same tour and Joan told her that she might not make the 9:15 sign in time.

Just very confused here...

Sorry to add to the confusion, but the reason why Captain Marvin may not have a problem is based upon ship vs. shore time. Email Captain Marvin and inquire regarding this issue as the times are probably different depending upon the time of year you sail.

In addition, Captain Marvin has been doing this a while and am sure they would not have booked you if they thought this was a problem.

Have fun and relax:)

the tour s i saw were usually late getting started due to stragglers..

the one i was on was nearly an hr late getting started due to the

many tourist trying to match up with their tours..

yet again..we were on a tour in hawaii where we were 15mins early

and the bus was already full and we were the last to arrive..:o

Archived