Ncl pearl inside room. Fwd?

stoofystyles

"fwd" just means that you will be located in the "forward" or "front" part of the ship.

You will see three references when speaking of cabins

1) Fwd - Front of the ship

2) Mid - Middle of the ship

3) Aft - Back of the ship

FWD is an abbreviation for "Forward". We were in 10009 and 10007 three weeks ago on the Pearl. These are way forward on deck 10.

"Forward" generally means toward the front of the ship ("bow") from the forward-most elevator bank. Midship is in between Forward and Aft. Aft is to the rear of the ship from the aft-most elevator bank. Or something like that.

I have pictures of our cabin and would be happy to share our experience.

Most of the public areas on the ship are midship to aft, so you will be doing some walking....but that can help work off the second helpings!!

• 3 years later...

Hi, we are booking a cruise on the Pearl as well and have offered one of "your" cabins, 10009. We're more than a little concerned about the motion of the ship as the cabins are so far forward. I know it was awhile ago but do you remember if it was really bad or if it was hardly worth mentioning? We typically book towards the middle/back to avoid the motion but the ship is almost full so we have limited choices...

Also, if you have photos of the room, we'd love to see them. Rooms on NCL seem especially small so coupled with no-windows, we would love to get your overall impression of the room. I'm sure the rest of the ship/cruise will be great but the cabin choice has us worried...

Thanks in advance, Bob

FWD is an abbreviation for "Forward". We were in 10009 and 10007 three weeks ago on the Pearl. These are way forward on deck 10.

"Forward" generally means toward the front of the ship ("bow") from the forward-most elevator bank. Midship is in between Forward and Aft. Aft is to the rear of the ship from the aft-most elevator bank. Or something like that.

I have pictures of our cabin and would be happy to share our experience.

Most of the public areas on the ship are midship to aft, so you will be doing some walking....but that can help work off the second helpings!!

I don't remember that our cabin had any particular motion problems, but then we were not in any really big seas that trip, either. If the Pearl encounters heavy seas, there definitely will be more up/down motion in this location than mid ships.

We were used to an inside on the Dawn and found the Pearl inside to be basically the same. We use the tv set on the bridge camera channel to keep tabs on the light / weather outside while in our cabin.

Here is a link to one of the pictures of that cabin. ...Click on the Full Screen icon in the upper left and then you can use the forward arrow to go to the next two pictures of that cabin.

https://picasaweb.google.com/bakerintn/Cruise2009NCLPearl#5294904474817870562

Have a great trip.

Thanks for the quick response. After reading your post and looking at the pictures, were going to give it a shot. The rooms are definitely smaller than we are used to to but honestly, how much time do you really spend in the room? And I love your idea about using the TV set as a virtual window; will give it a try.

Thanks again...

I don't remember that our cabin had any particular motion problems, but then we were not in any really big seas that trip, either. If the Pearl encounters heavy seas, there definitely will be more up/down motion in this location than mid ships.

We were used to an inside on the Dawn and found the Pearl inside to be basically the same. We use the tv set on the bridge camera channel to keep tabs on the light / weather outside while in our cabin.

Here is a link to one of the pictures of that cabin. ...Click on the Full Screen icon in the upper left and then you can use the forward arrow to go to the next two pictures of that cabin.

https://picasaweb.google.com/bakerintn/Cruise2009NCLPearl#5294904474817870562

Have a great trip.

Archived