One Way Flight to San Juan

Stelladoro

Our transatlantic cruise in April will start in San Juan, Puerto Rico and we need to book a one way airfare from Toronto.

Flights from Toronto are not cheap and based on cost, I've narrowed it down to Delta (via Atlanta)or US Airways (via Charlotte). US Airways costs approx. $85US less than Delta for two of us.

We've never flown with these airlines. Can anyone recommend which would be the better choice. Either one OK? Appreciate your input.

What are the connection times and arrival times?

Delta connection time in Atlanta is 1 hour, 2min. and arrives in San Juan 2:45PM. (Leaves Toronto at 7:40AM).

US Airways connection time in Charlotte is 1hour, 16min. and arrives in San Juan 1:09PM. (Leaves Toronto at 6:25AM).

Just checked one of the search engines and now see Delta flight cost has been reduced and is approx. same cost as US Airways flight.

Just an opinion and I'm sure some will disagree, but I would prefer connecting in Charlotte. It is a smaller airport and from my own experience, there is usually less time between leaving the gate and taking off. However, there are not any trams or buses to move you through the airport, only "carts". If you come in at the end of concourse E and leave out of concourse B, it will be a little bit of a hike. I personally love to spend a day at Atlanta, but rarely use it as a connection.

Archived