Day Passes for British Hilton Beach & pool

Beachylady

Does anyone know how to obtain day passes for the British Hilton beach and pool in downtown Nassau? Also how much are they now? Will be there on Feb. 25th. via Royal Caribbean Monach of the Seas.

You can get them at the front desk when you arrive. $20 for adults, $10 for kids.

I'll be in Nassau the same day, only on NCL Norwegian Sky! I have been to the British Colonial Hilton before, and am thinking about going back. It's definitely within walking distance of the port, as the previous poster stated, just go to the right.

Your fee covers towels, use of the beach and pool chairs and there are inner-tubes to float on and small kayaks. I think there was waiter service available for drinks. There's also a gift shop inside the hotel that sells juices, but remember not to bring glass out to the beach/pool area. There is a small restaurant/bar where you can order lunch. The prices were kind of high (but not unreasonable, esp. for the Bahamas/tourist area), but the portions were larger than I expected, so I could have simply ordered less food and saved a little money. Unfortunately, they were out of conch fritters the day were there there.

You should know, this is not a picturesque, isolated, storybook beach. It's small, it's next to Senor Frogs. You will hear Senor Frogs- it gets louder as people drink more throughout the day! You'll also hear the partyboats come in and out of the harbor. You will be in view of the cruiseships, might even see some pull in and out.

But, if you are looking for an inexpensive, easy way to spend the day in Nassau just relaxing, reading, whatever, then I would recommend you give it a try.

Great info CatgirlNC - thanks. All the activity and seeing the cruise ships is actually a plus for us. Sitting in a beach chair, having a cool drink and watching cruise ships on the water - LOVE IT.

Can you tell me anything about the pool and area around it. Are there tables & chairs? A slide into the pool? My DS9 will probably want to hang out at the pool for a while.

Great info CatgirlNC - thanks. All the activity and seeing the cruise ships is actually a plus for us. Sitting in a beach chair, having a cool drink and watching cruise ships on the water - LOVE IT.

Can you tell me anything about the pool and area around it. Are there tables & chairs? A slide into the pool? My DS9 will probably want to hang out at the pool for a while.

There are tables and chairs plus loungers by the pool, no slide though. On the weekend they hold Salsa classes on the open area by the pool....great dancers! Of course, with my two left feet I can only watch. :D We've been taking our DS11 there since he was 5. He likes using the kayaks that included with the price....the water is usually very clear.

Archived