A Big Mistake?

crisp1

I've got 5 CCL cruies under the belt, along with the 'older' cruises. Although I've returned to some ports, I really get excited about seeing new ports/ people. After doing my research for our upcoming cruise ( and hearing great things about Princess, I found that we could do the Golden southern cruise with Granada ( with Dominica as a possible replacement- great! we loved it), along with St Kitts and Caracas for the same price as the CCL cruises we were looking at. We've been to Aruba (OK) and ST Thomas ( Beautiful! and will return anytime). The last cruise had our son's best friend along, and it got his parents itching to go. They had already booked the NCL Dawn to (boring) Fla and Nassau, and when they found out about us going the same week, cancelled and are about to take the same cruise. We got together and discussed the possibilities (CCL's western with Belize and Progresso with 2 days at sea), and I kind of pushed for the Golden. Am I being selfish? We have loved every CCL cruise and ship. You know what to expect, and it almost gets predictable. I would like to be surprised and maybe experience a different line. Is the itinerary too much for 1st timers (one day at sea- #6)? Are the ports too much- Caracas, grenada/ dominica? Is Princess a bit too 'formal'... they are very casual. Or am I just thinking too much

I vote for "thinking too much"! If your worried that 6 ports/seven days is too much for 1st timers...just remind them that they can do as little or as much as they choose. That's what's special about cruising. And, after all, they have nothing to compare it to and they will have that first "WOW" experience.

As far as itinerary...sounds like you are the informed one that did the research. Stick with what you want to do since they are the ones that are willing to cancel. Our friends always let me decide where to go cause they know I will research the trip to death!!

Whichever you choose, I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time!

Deb

I kinda vote "thinking too much" but more accurately understand your hessitance to come here off a bunch of successful CCL cruises.

I was in the same position not all that long ago but am glad I gave Princess a try. The link I sent you before about our Golden cruise is a good representation for what I felt going in and how it worked out.

It worked out good and we booked more Princess cruises.

I'll still sail Carnival though, very different experience

Archived