Jewel AE or AD?

jagergirl55

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've been on here, but we recently just booked a trip on the Jewel for this month. A last minute trip! They had an AE suite and a AD Romance Suite available, We booked the AE on the 8th floor. I was wondering if it was worth the extra money to upgrade from the AE to an AD on the 10th floor. Is the balcony really a lot bigger on the AD?

Any advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

The room is the same size, but the balcony is bigger. At least you're not above the Bliss Lounge with bowling alley like on the Pearl and Gem.

As to the extra money... up to you. The perks are the same. I'm not sure I would.

The deck 10 AD balconies are a lot larger.

However, I had an AD my last 2 cruises and both times it was an ash tray for the smokers on Deck 11. Always had cigarette ashes all over the chairs and floor. Your balcony sticks out much further than the ones above you on deck 11, which allows for this.

Deck 8, 9 and 10 are pretty level however making this less likely.

Just an FYI. Obviously if the person above you doesn't like to fling their ashes over the balcony or if you don't mind this isn't an issue.

Jasggergirl, When you get back from your cruise, please come back and tell us if you liked your cabin. I have the aft ae on the 8th level booked for 2010. It would be nice to get someones take on it. Thanks, and enjoy your cruise.:D

Archived