Is it ok to bring Bubba Mugs into the dining room?

skay

Various sizes from 20 oz to 5 gallons. I can only guess what size Daisy Mae and Joe Bob will be bringing to the dining room.

So it is possible to get a "keg on wheels" ?

Careful folks, I see a sense of humor sneaking into this thread.

I will say this, I like the idea of this mug, didn't even know they existed till now. When I make a drink in my room, the ice is always melted by the time I get all settled in my deck chair. Then of course I have to get up again to get more ice, get distracted by the pizza guy, run into somebody I know, have to use the facilities, throw a 20 in a slot machine and then next thing you know I am a deck chair hog. Dude, I am getting that mug!!!

Not an option on the Bubba Keg website. But I'm sure anyone wanting to bring it into the DR will have a welding rig at home. Probably even inside their home. Should be no problem at all to rig up a set of squeaky wheels to draw even more attention to themselves.

After all, doesn't it sound like that is all they want??

You nailed it.

ok ok ok. I have one of those 32 ounce squirt bottles and one night I felt like having a mixed drink before we went to dinner and I filled my squirt bottle up with Rum and Punch, well I ended up taking it to dinner with me because we got busy and didn't make it back to the cabin before going. I felt a little awkward, but I just tucked it under the table beside my chair and took drinks until it was gone. Noone at my table commented, noone of the staff commented. So, kiss my grits if you don't like it.

Skay, please add me to your ignore list as well. I DO LIVE IN A MANUFACTURED HOME, aka trailer.

I hope the OP is still checking this, even though the junk has started.

On my last cruise about 2 months ago, I brought my 32 oz Bubba Mug with me. One night, I did bring it to the formal Dining Room, and I did not see anyone look at it, notice it, or give a flying hoot. I used it all the time during the cruise for Diet Coke, so I would get it filled before supper so that I would have what I wanted to drink for supper. Our servers loved it so much they were hoping to get off the ship and go to a Wal-Mart to find one!

As far as getting it filled with the Soda Card... it depends on the bartender. I had one bartender that would pour the soda in a glass and make me pour it in the mug, but I had others that would fill it. I think a lot of it is just the bartender, and how people oriented they are. I had some of them ask how to get the mug, and then I had the snobby ones that acted like I was trying to cheat them.

I don't really give a rat's hiney if someone looks at me like I'm backwoods, frontwoods, or sidewoods for having that mug. I just know that I go on the cruise to relax and forget normal life, and I am going to bring what I want, and be comfortable!

Have fun with the Bubba!!!:)

Oooooooooooh, the pain ! ! :o

The other forums have got to be having a field day with this thread. Its questions like this that only ENFORCE their "Walmart cruiser" arguements.:D

I wonder if the OP knows that a bow tie IS REQUIRED to be around the Bubba Mug on formal nights as this then meets the "elegant" requirement. :rolleyes:

What's next ? ? ? Wondering if its acceptable to drag a "small" roll along cooler with your favorite smuggled beer into the dining room ? ? ? :confused: (with custom hooks, of course, so it can be hung on the back of one's chair so waiters don't stumble over it)

Oh this is funny as hell, Love the replies. Life is hard enough now adays, a little humor in replies is not the end of the world, and IMO needed sometimes.....So I thank you guys for making the water shoot out my nose when I was reading them....lol..:eek:

by the way you do what makes you feel comfortable in the DR, and if bringing your Bubba Keg cup into the DR by all means do so....But it sure would clash as some one said with the china...:D

Oh this is funny as hell, Love the replies. Life is hard enough now adays, a little humor in replies is not the end of the world, and IMO needed sometimes.....So I thank you guys for making the water shoot out my nose when I was reading them....lol..:eek:

by the way you do what makes you feel comfortable in the DR, and if bringing your Bubba Keg cup into the DR by all means do so....But it sure would clash as some one said with the china...:D

bubba.jpg

Perfectly acceptable for the buffet. And fine for the dining room if you're a rebellious 10 year old. An adult should know better.

they were dress shorts if that adjusts your opinion of me in any way.....on second thought.... I really truly don't care either way. If you were my mother or father, well then maybe.

To answer the OQ, if you are asking in the sense of if they will ask you to take it out of the dining room...then the answer is no. you can bring it in there if you want to.
The question pertains more to etiqiuette rather than "will they stop you from bringing it in?"

We have our 2 Bubba Kegs ready to go. Perfect for poolside lounging, but we don't plan on using them elsewhere.

For those who are interested, Bubba Kegs are sold at Wal Mart. They're an isulated mug, designed to look like a keg, and hold about a quart of liquid. We can attest that when filled with cold beer, the beer stays cold all day and won't go flat.

My buba mug is 52 oz.

Only not in the dining room.

Got it at 7-11.

Its a platinum cruiser now.

I hope the OP is still checking this, even though the junk has started.

On my last cruise about 2 months ago, I brought my 32 oz Bubba Mug with me. One night, I did bring it to the formal Dining Room, and I did not see anyone look at it, notice it, or give a flying hoot. I used it all the time during the cruise for Diet Coke, so I would get it filled before supper so that I would have what I wanted to drink for supper. Our servers loved it so much they were hoping to get off the ship and go to a Wal-Mart to find one!

As far as getting it filled with the Soda Card... it depends on the bartender. I had one bartender that would pour the soda in a glass and make me pour it in the mug, but I had others that would fill it. I think a lot of it is just the bartender, and how people oriented they are. I had some of them ask how to get the mug, and then I had the snobby ones that acted like I was trying to cheat them.

I don't really give a rat's hiney if someone looks at me like I'm backwoods, frontwoods, or sidewoods for having that mug. I just know that I go on the cruise to relax and forget normal life, and I am going to bring what I want, and be comfortable!

Have fun with the Bubba!!!:)

Thanks. I appreciate your response.

The question pertains more to etiqiuette rather than "will they stop you from bringing it in?"

ok then...seriously....you are using the word etiquette with something whose name contains "Bubba" in it.

You do not see the irony or humor in this?

:eek:

Would you feel out of place taking it to a nice restaurant? Because that is the intended atmosphere of the dining room. And the wait stand is only a few feet away. Maybe you could request that they leave a picture of water on the table as a backup.

Funny how you get offended with sarcastic (and notice I haven't been) responses to your question, but I've seen you on other threads being disrespectful to people with valid questions. The questions are the issue, because most people are sincere in wanting answers.

Thanks so much Karen for not making me be the first one to point this out, I totally agree with your post.

And to skay, you know the BAR person is sometimes slow in the dining room, but there is your waiter who will browbeat your assistant waiter if the water glasses are not refilled in a timely manner.

You can see the looks of the dining room with the linen and proper place settings, why would think that bringing a "bubba mug" would be appropriate?

Me thinks she's not got enough cooking going on at home today and needs to do a little pot stiring here.

Carole

Archived