Question about the Caribbean Princess Mini-suites "AE"

NYY FaN

I just booked a guaranteed mini-suite category AE on the CP and now looking at the deck plan on the princess website the only rooms within that category are the 2 rooms with wheelchair accessability, which have some slight differences than a normal mini. I booked through travelocity and their deck plans show more AE's on the ship than just those 2 rooms. Does anyone know anything about this?

When we decided to upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite we checked all the web sites we could and found that none were available in the catagory we wanted. We called Princess directly and were told that there were several still available and we booked them...Maybe the keep some off the internet for the people who book directly through Princess....

I just booked a guaranteed mini-suite category AE on the CP and now looking at the deck plan on the princess website the only rooms within that category are the 2 rooms with wheelchair accessability, which have some slight differences than a normal mini. I booked through travelocity and their deck plans show more AE's on the ship than just those 2 rooms. Does anyone know anything about this?

I've just looked at several sites and I don't even see AE. I see AF, which are minis w/o a balcony. Where is the AE?

I've just looked at several sites and I don't even see AE. I see AF, which are minis w/o a balcony. Where is the AE?

Pia, depends on the ship where they are located. Take a look at the Grand Princess deck plans. Only two category AE staterooms all the way aft on the port and starboard sides.

The AE category is usually booked as a guarantee, we have booked these before. 'Normally' these are upgraded as are mini suite cheapest fares. The times in the past we have booked an AE guarantee we have been upgraded to AA or (once only) AB mini suites. Last time we booked an AA mini, our TA contacted us and told us we could save $2000 by moving to an AE guarantee. We did, and ended up back upgraded to an AA while paying the cheaper fare.

Pia, depends on the ship where they are located. Take a look at the Grand Princess deck plans. Only two category AE staterooms all the way aft on the port and starboard sides.

The AE category is usually booked as a guarantee, we have booked these before. 'Normally' these are upgraded as are mini suite cheapest fares. The times in the past we have booked an AE guarantee we have been upgraded to AA or (once only) AB mini suites. Last time we booked an AA mini, our TA contacted us and told us we could save $2000 by moving to an AE guarantee. We did, and ended up back upgraded to an AA while paying the cheaper fare.

I figured that most likely we would be upgraded. I guess there's only a slim chance of getting one of those 2 rooms. thanks for your input

I figured that most likely we would be upgraded. I guess there's only a slim chance of getting one of those 2 rooms. thanks for your input

You are correct. Someone DOES end up in those AE's, it depends on if you are a gambler or not. ;) We have always won the AE guarantee game, but that doesn't always happen. Good Luck!

We see a lot of advice here on the boards to book a category you'll be happy with, since an upgrade doesn't always happen. I agree that your chances are good, but you might also want to think seriously about whether you'll be content if you do, in fact, get assigned to one of those AEs. We have only booked a guarantee a couple of times (usually because we couldn't get an assigned cabin in that category), but we've not been upgraded either time . However, we knew in advance that we would be happy with any cabin in that category, so it worked out fine.

You are correct. Someone DOES end up in those AE's, it depends on if you are a gambler or not. ;) We have always won the AE guarantee game, but that doesn't always happen. Good Luck!

I still don't see AE on the Coral. Maybe I haven't had enough caffeine yet this morning. :confused:

Pia, The Coral is different, I think those go from AD minis to AF and skip over the AE's. Since the AF's are totally different on the Coral.

I just went back and looked at the original question and since she said CP, I just decided she was talking about the Coral. I see now that she's on the Caribbean. The Coral definitely does not have AE. Maybe I did have enough caffeine. :D

I just went back and looked at the original question and since she said CP, I just decided she was talking about the Coral. I see now that she's on the Caribbean. The Coral definitely does not have AE. Maybe I did have enough caffeine. :D

LOL, I usually don't pay much attention to the initials given for ships as about 50% of the time, posters give the incorrect abbreviations. This explains why you brought up the Coral as you had me confused. LOL Thought I had had way too much caffeine this AM. ;)

LOL, I usually don't pay much attention to the initials given for ships as about 50% of the time, posters give the incorrect abbreviations. This explains why you brought up the Coral as you had me confused. LOL Thought I had had way too much caffeine this AM. ;)

Are you a major coffee drinker too? Why am I asking this? I already know the answer. Anyone who shleps a coffee pot NEEDS their coffee. :D

They are the non-ada conforming ones , twins only, no tub. door not wide enough to accomodate wheelchair accessibility, twins rotated 90 degrees so that the foot of the beds faces the stateroom door. The area to pass through to the sofa bed /balcony is between the twins,and wide enough for wheechair (but again , not the door) which is why they are bolted in place and cannot be converted. My guess is you are more likely to be upgraded to these then actually placed in one when booking an ae guarantee.

We all have our days, the title said caribean princess the abbreviation in the thread meant sea princess and pia was frantically searching the COral princess......now that we are all on the same page, time to go to work.

They are the non-ada conforming ones , twins only, no tub. door not wide enough to accomodate wheelchair accessibility, twins rotated 90 degrees so that the foot of the beds faces the stateroom door. The area to pass through to the sofa bed /balcony is between the twins,and wide enough for wheechair (but again , not the door) which is why they are bolted in place and cannot be converted. My guess is you are more likely to be upgraded to these then actually placed in one when booking an ae guarantee.

We all have our days, the title said caribean princess the abbreviation in the thread meant sea princess and pia was frantically searching the COral princess......now that we are all on the same page, time to go to work.

WORK? When you can talk about cruising? :eek:

Besides the beds not being able to be converted into queen, the bathroom is set up like a handicapped bathroom with shower only. And there is no real shower stall, like in inside through balcony categories but rather it is a shower head mounted on the wall with a curtain to pull around and nothing more than a drain in the floor. It was designed for a wheelchair to roll right into the shower. I have seen complaints that it was difficult to keep things dry in the bathroom when showering.

FYI-CP is Sea Princess,Caribbean is CB.

How does that make sense??? CP=Sea?

Colo Cruiser posted the breakdown a while back, these are the abbreviations that were posted for Princess ships.

KP-CROWN PRINCESS

CB-caribbean Princess

CO-coral Princess

CP-sea Princess

DI-diamond Princess

NP-golden Princess

AP-grand Princess

SA-sapphire Princess

TP-star Princess

DP-dawn Princess

IP-island Princess

SP-sun Princess

PA-pacific Princess

TA-tahitian Princess

keep checking your cruise personalizer on Princess.com. We booked an AE guarantee on our first cruise on the Crown and at least 6 months before noticed we had been put into an AA midship on Dolphin. I've noticed too that frequently the AD and AE are the same price. If you really don't want one of those 2 cabins, you might change to an AD guarantee if the price is the same on your cruise. I checked a couple of cruises on the CB and both had the same price for AD and AE. Personally, after sailing on the Crown and CB in minis, I booked an AD mini on Emerald for our next cruise and was able to get the coveted E730 with the longer balcony and marked it "no upgrade". Same price as an AE guarantee. It was nice to be upgraded to the midship location, but all the rooms are the same and I would like the covered balcony. I didn't mind the open balconies we had in the past, but when it rained (and it does frequently in the caribbean), we couldn't sit outside. Just my opinion. Have a great cruise.

Archived