Opps! Use caution when using consolidators!

hulamoon

Last night I was prematurely celebrating finding cheap air. Could be my vision is going, but I did not immediately notice that on some of the consolidator websites the price is listed but then fine print shows the cost much higher. Two of the sites, not sure we can mention them, required going to the booking field to really know the price. One other was listed correctly under price.

Below is the price I thought I was paying but the fine print, or going through the booking process put the airfare at more than double!

Total Adult was $289. and in fine print that you had to click to see the Total tax and fees were $449. This made the real price $738. But when first looking a the big orange bubble with the price it appeared to be $289.

Further ... consolidator tickets generally are not endorsable to any other carrier. So, if there are delays or problems, passengers on consolidator tickets will wait for the next available seat on that specific carrier. They do not have the luxury of asking the airline to endorse their ticket to another carrier who can accommodate them in a more timely manner than the original carrier.

Archived