Check-in lugguge to destination

HeinBloed & others,

I find the said Iberia's IB5662 from Barcelona to Seville on May 14 is out.... meaning it is now booked as ClickAir XG2511.

We shall fly-in to Barcelona at 7:30pm by IB7075 (from Heathrow) to catch this ClickAir 8:45pm flight. Will 1hr. 15min. be just enough to get our check-in luggage there to check-in again through customs & immigration normally!!

Still one ticket???

The problem is: Clickair was meanwhile sold to Vueling and so not anymore part of the Iberia world.

If yes - I still do not think that you have to collect your bags in Barcelona and your bags can still go through.

But for the worst case that you must go out and collect your bags:

Clickair closes check-in 40 minutes ahead of departure.

You will collect your bags and NOW they still operate out of B which is very close to your arrival terminal.

But if they merge operation with Vueling it could be maybe in future C.

BUT immigration and customs it's not like entering in Pearson on Vacouver if you are coming from abroad.

Immigration takes seconds.

Customs is a random system depending to which line you are walking out (you can only walk green for nothing to declare and red to something to declare - if there is a blue line it's only for Intra-EU traffic but then you need a green stripped luggage tag!).

So this will not take as long as you might experience from an entry to Canada.

It's tough and subject your flight it can be handled.

But anyway: if BA does not give you a boarding pass for the last section: go to an internet cafe asap and make online check-in that for the worst case you have already a boarding pass with you and may be they will allow you to carry your bag to the gate to get it gate-checked.

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed,

If all fail, our back-up plan is to stay overnight at the BCN hotel to catch the morning direct flight (whoever still around then) to Seville.

It seems travel by rail around Europe is better this day. Except I don't seem to find a morning train ride to Seville leaving at the Barcelona airport.

HeinBloed,

If all fail, our back-up plan is to stay overnight at the BCN hotel to catch the morning direct flight (whoever still around then) to Seville.

It seems travel by rail around Europe is better this day. Except I don't seem to find a morning train ride to Seville leaving at the Barcelona airport.

I was checking like for the May 10, 2009 as I really do not know which date you are arriving in Barcelona without reading the whole thread...

but there is an

08.15 hrs from Barcelona Sants by AVE (High Speed Train) 3940

13.52 hrs at Sevilla Santa Justa

http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/index.jsp?page=hjhir130.jsp&O=BARCE&D=51003&AF=2009&MF=05&DF=10&SF=0&ID=i

Did you check with VIARail???

http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

But the Barcelona Airport station only have the commuter train to the city. You must take it first to Barcelona Sants (Central Station for major long distance lines):

2008-NCLJade-40224-Abreise.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

We, from Vancouver, Canada, will take the RCCL cruise at Barcelona in mid-May. We plan to use our British Airways (Oneworld alliance) mileage point for the YVR to BCN around-trip flights. Before the cruise, we'd like to tour Seville first. So I plan to book the connecting flight from BCN to SVQ then. The options are either by Iberia (Oneworld alliance) or Clickair (Iberia's subsidary but not Oneworld alliance). Could my luggage be ckecked-in from YVR all the way to SVQ even I booked the flights seperately with two sets of reservation numbers? Or we must pick-up ours at BCN then and check-in again there to SVQ? Thanks for your insight to this in advance.

Just a thought- you have connections- try to keep eveything in carryons. Last yr we sat next to a couple from Toronto -their luggage was misrouted by the airline and they went 3 out of 7 days sans thewir belongings.

Carole

HeinBloed and others, we checked both Renfe and Bahn train sites to find the same conclusion... that taking the train from BCN to Seville with all the luggage is jsut too much, too long & quick costly.

Unless otherwise, we'll either take a chance to catch the connecting flight by Clickair that same evening or the next morning.

HeinBloed and others, we checked both Renfe and Bahn train sites to find the same conclusion... that taking the train from BCN to Seville with all the luggage is jsut too much, too long & quick costly.

Unless otherwise, we'll either take a chance to catch the connecting flight by Clickair that same evening or the next morning.

If you are still on one ticket - it's their problem to get you to Seville - not yours!!!

Your travel contract ends there.

So if BA in YVR does not check through and you need to collect your bags in BCN for transfer and re-check-in and queue up etc and you miss your flight: one ticket = not your problem.

They must take care of all.

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed & all,

An update.... BA now book us and our check-in luggage all the way to Seville through Heathrow and Madrid on Iberia Airlines with 1hr.55mim. & 1hr. 15min. connection time respectively.

We'll get the front row plane seats to get out quick, particularly in Madrid.

Cheers.

Archived