promanade cabin which floor is best?

carol459

We too, picked the 7th floor, however our cruise is not until June...

I figured it's between floors of rooms therefore minimal noise from the rooms above and below, and yet it's not too high up over the promenade to the point where you can't see anything below! :) I'm curious to see if we made a good choice though!

We've stayed on 6, 7 & 8. No problem w/any. Deck 6 we did not hear any noise except during parades but not intrusive & if you're new to cruising you'll want to be on the Promonade anyway for these. I would just chose a rm. across from the Promonade Cafe for best ppl watching. :D

We're also on the 7th deck, midship. Chose that deck for the same reasons as you. Not to mention that "7" is my lucky number.:p I'll be looking forward to see what our view is.

We too, picked the 7th floor, however our cruise is not until June...

I figured it's between floors of rooms therefore minimal noise from the rooms above and below, and yet it's not too high up over the promenade to the point where you can't see anything below! :) I'm curious to see if we made a good choice though!

We stayed on deck 6 just past the promanade. It was wonderful to be able to walk down 1 flight of stairs, no waiting for an elevator, to get a cup of coffee or a snack at the cafe promanade.

I am sure all of you will be very happy with your deck. The Mariner is an easy ship to move around in.

I just got off the Indy from the 1/24 cruise, had an 8th floor pr, big mistake, never again. Too high up. To look down you have to kneel on the window chair, very uncomftable. If I were to do it over, I would do the 6th fl for a better view. Two inportant tips. 1) My side window was blocked by lighting equipment. ) 2) I was next to a service elevator ( doesn't show up on deck plans ) with slamming doors constantly, poor pick from my TA. I think the pr cabins get very little use. If you're on the promenade and look up at all the cabins, the curtains are closed on almost all of them. As far as noise, there was none. During the parades I was on the promenade. Aside from this, its a great ship and great service. While on board I rebooked the same cruise for next year. I actually physically went to the booked cabin to see its exact location, can't do that from home.

Light sleepers might have an issue with deck 6 if it is directly above the British Pub. The music in there goes on quite late...unless you like "green alligators and long neck geese, humpy back camels and chimpanzees...." at midnite, I would recommend deck 7!;)

For teens, they are great cabins! My 2 have had PR cabins the last 3 or 4 years in a row. This year we were able to get a balcony on AOS for less money for them, and they are bummed!!! (Ok, maybe they are a little spoiled now!):rolleyes:

We were on the Voyager on the eighth deck, right above that little red car. In my opinion, the eighth deck is too high up. If I had to do it again, I would choose the sixth or seventh deck. We had no problem with noise, and no obstruction to the view. We just had to look almost straight down to see anything. This time, we had an ocean view room, looking straight out the front of the ship. We liked this, the only room we have liked better is of course a balcony room.

Oh my, now I am bumbed. I did not even think about the floor being a problem. We are booked in a promenade on floor 8!!!!!!!!!!! Should I cancel it? We got the cabin for our teenage kids.

I would try to switch to the 6th floor. I origionally booked 2 pr cabins, the other for my pregnant daughter and her 2 year old. I of course did it for my grandson assuming it was a good view. 30 days before the trip I learned that a ppregnant woman beyond her 24th week would not be allowed to sail. Thus they were unable to join us, what a disappointment.

We were on the Voyager on the eighth deck, right above that little red car. In my opinion, the eighth deck is too high up. If I had to do it again, I would choose the sixth or seventh deck. We had no problem with noise, and no obstruction to the view. We just had to look almost straight down to see anything. This time, we had an ocean view room, looking straight out the front of the ship. We liked this, the only room we have liked better is of course a balcony room.

We were on the 8th floor also right above the car on the Indy, and you exactly right, you have to kneel to look straigt down.

Im staying on deck 6, so we can see better, but Iv heard folks tell me deck 7 is the perfect choice, not too high to see and you are away from the choas a little more.

Less than 60 days now for us.

We picked floor 7, happy to hear the noise isn't to bad, I was worried about that as we tend to go to bed early.

Archived