Nice Steak Dinner Last Night in Anchorage?

WalleyeLJ

Hey there,

My wife and I are looking for a nice place to have dinner our last night in Alaska before flying out @ 1:30am the next morning. We have a rental car right up until we check in at the airport, and we'll be coming in from Denali earlier that day.

Any suggestions would be most welcome! Also, this may seem like an odd question, but is there anyway to grab a shower in Anchorage before flying out in the middle of the night. I'd hate to rent a hotel room basically to just take a shower and leave, but I'm sure that the folks we'll be flying with for 13 hours don't like the alternative after we spend a day working our way back from Denali either!:D

L.J.

I was going to recommend a specific restaurant at first, but then I found this website that lists 10 great restaurants and I agree with them all...

http://www.urbanspoon.com/c/64/Anchorage-restaurants.html

Glacier Brewhouse is excellent - and their partner restaurant Orso next door is one of the best in the city. Both have plenty of red meat on the menu and are centrally located downtown. Reservations placed 24-hours in advance will help you at either.

Simon & Seaforts has a great view along the water. Assuming you'll be eating late, you'd get a great memory as the sun sets over the Mountain "Sleeping Lady" across Knik Arm. You will be happy here too.

If you need a taste of local culture and the best "steak" in town, I really recommend Club Paris. It's dark inside, with strong drinks, great steaks and has been around forever (which is never as long as you think in AK... probably 50 years).

I'm not sure what to recommend for the shower... perhaps others can comment there.

I was going to recommend a specific restaurant at first, but then I found this website that lists 10 great restaurants and I agree with them all...

http://www.urbanspoon.com/c/64/Anchorage-restaurants.html

Glacier Brewhouse is excellent - and their partner restaurant Orso next door is one of the best in the city. Both have plenty of red meat on the menu and are centrally located downtown. Reservations placed 24-hours in advance will help you at either.

Simon & Seaforts has a great view along the water. Assuming you'll be eating late, you'd get a great memory as the sun sets over the Mountain "Sleeping Lady" across Knik Arm. You will be happy here too.

We ate at both of those restaurants last August and really liked them. I had halibut at each of them though, not steaks. Glacier Brewhouse had the best halibut I've ever eaten.

Archived