HELP!!! Clueless re: E-DOCUMENTS!

huntersmommy

Hi! I am trying to figure out what I need to print out. My travel agent said I would be getting E Documents. Is this something that gets emailed to me and THEN I print it? Right now I am trying to print my documents ( cruise is paid for and we are about 57 days out). All my stuff is complete on the Carnival Website but when I go to print it comes up just a bunch of letters. I have printed the funpass, but that just seems to be a small blue square that states my booking # and our names. It doesnt seem like it would be too helpful but I keep hearing everyone saying to make sure you print it out. Ok, so obviously I am missing something here and know you guys will help. Thanks a bunch!!!!!

The FunPass is just a large blue square which contains your name & booking number. Some ports ask to see that and others don't. I always print it and take it anyway. The e-docs may or may not be available for printing yet. You go to the Carnival website, then to cruise documentation. The e-docs should be there. Usually for us they have been available approx. 30 days prior to sailing, although others have gotten them sooner. If you have Firefox, they may not print out, so you will have to switch to Internet Explorer.

The luggage tag is (usually) on the last page of the e-docs. You can print out as many as you need. I like to cut mine along the lines instead of folding them, laminate them and punch a hole to attach to the luggage. You can also "laminate" them with clear wide packing tape. Others just wait until they get to the dock and get tags from the porters. I like to have plenty of ID on my luggage, so will have them tagged prior to arriving.

The "My Documents" link on CCL's site (if you're logged in) will take you there. They should be available now if you're 57 days out but if not they will be shortly. Our last two cruises they were there not long after final payment. We print one copy of the entire package although you don't need most of it to checkin; print as many copies of the luggage tag page as pieces of luggage you're not going to carry on the ship.

If you selected e-Docs on the web site, you will not be getting anything in the mail.

Thanks everyone. I am guessing they are just not available yet. When i go to my documents, i click on "view" and it comes to a page where a cruise ship just keeps moving across and it says " creating documents". I left it go for at least an hour and nothing changes, no documents or anything. At first it said it could not download from the site and to click on the box and when I did it indicated that it was using internet explorer and i just clicked a button to allow the download. It asked me if i wanted to save the documents and i chose yes. when i opened the saved documents, it was just a bunch of letters and symbols. So, hopefully they are just not ready yet. What happens if I cannot resolve this problem? I do have the fun pass printed but that is it. Is it a problem if that is all i show up with? Thanks again.

Thanks everyone. I am guessing they are just not available yet. When i go to my documents, i click on "view" and it comes to a page where a cruise ship just keeps moving across and it says " creating documents". I left it go for at least an hour and nothing changes, no documents or anything. At first it said it could not download from the site and to click on the box and when I did it indicated that it was using internet explorer and i just clicked a button to allow the download. It asked me if i wanted to save the documents and i chose yes. when i opened the saved documents, it was just a bunch of letters and symbols. So, hopefully they are just not ready yet. What happens if I cannot resolve this problem? I do have the fun pass printed but that is it. Is it a problem if that is all i show up with? Thanks again.

The downloaded file comes as a .pdf file. You need to use Adobe Acrobat (or any software that reads .pdf files) to read it, not MS Word or a text editor.

Archived