Table for 2???

wezie

I would love to know the answer to this! But on a more broad spectrum- we are cruising on the Elation and although I love to meet new people I would prefer to just eat with DH. Yes, I know there are other options to the dining room. Thanks!

What are the chances of getting a table for 2 at dinner on the Triumph?

Don't know. We usually ask for a table for two. Most times we get it. When we sailed on the Miracle we didn't get it. However, we did meet a nice couple with who we still keep in contact with.

Yes, they do have tables for two on the Triumph. Strangely enough when we were on there last May, none of the diners assigned to the tables for two ever showed up on our side of the upper level dining room. I kept wondering, "Don't these people know that others would LOVE to have those assignments?!"

Anyway, yes, they do have them. Talk to the maitre d' on embarkation day. Times will be listed in the Capers.

I would love to know the answer to this! But on a more broad spectrum- we are cruising on the Elation and although I love to meet new people I would prefer to just eat with DH. Yes, I know there are other options to the dining room. Thanks!

If the Elation has been in drydock recently they will have tables for 2, otherwise they were not built with any dueces. If you are lucky & shi[p is not full they will give you a 4-top by yourselves.

If the Elation has been in drydock recently they will have tables for 2, otherwise they were not built with any dueces. If you are lucky & shi[p is not full they will give you a 4-top by yourselves.

THANK YOU very much!! We had our TA request a table for 2, and I will be sure to check with the Maitre D as well. Even a four top would be fine with me- I can handle two other people but a large group is just not my thing. (TA had originally requested that we be seated at a very large table and it freaked me out!) I very much appreciate the heads up :). -Suzanne

THANK YOU very much!! We had our TA request a table for 2, and I will be sure to check with the Maitre D as well. Even a four top would be fine with me- I can handle two other people but a large group is just not my thing. (TA had originally requested that we be seated at a very large table and it freaked me out!) I very much appreciate the heads up :). -Suzanne

Suzanne

I love table for two seatings, but be safe, not sorry, and show up to meet the maitre d right on time. On the first day of the cruise the capers will list when the maitre d will be in the dining room dealing with requests. This is usually 12:30-3:00. I can assure you that on most ships, that line will be full by 12:45! I am always in line on time, usually the third or fourth person, so I get our request for two granted. However, he does it first come, first serve; people who were only ten spots behind me in line were being turned down for two toppers bc they were all gone...

Just back from the Elation and wanted to let all know my experience-- went asap to the maitre'd and was put on a waiting list for a table for two-- originally had one requested in my initial booking, but they put us at a table for EIGHT instead-- got a table for two by the second night. It was right next to the kitchen, but we didn't mind. Good luck to all of you out there that are looking for a table for two!! Thanks for all the info and help!!!

I love the table for two. My spouse and I pass like two ships in the night in our regular life and it's nice to have dinner with just her for the week without having to be on my best behavior and "entertain" strangers.

All the times we have requested a table for two through our TA we have gotten one. In fact, one time we had one, but with other family members on board we gave it up so that we could all eat together. We made another couple very happy by giving them our table for two.

Come to think of it, I should have sold it to them.:eek:

We sail on Miracle Nov 4th.

1) Is it too early to request a table for 2 through our PVP and

2) Are they always located in weird/crowded places in the dining room.

I don't really care if we have a table for 2 since, as my husband likes to say, I can talk to trees but he would prefer it just be us especially since it's our 25th anniversary.

We sail on Miracle Nov 4th.

1) Is it too early to request a table for 2 through our PVP and

2) Are they always located in weird/crowded places in the dining room.

I don't really care if we have a table for 2 since, as my husband likes to say, I can talk to trees but he would prefer it just be us especially since it's our 25th anniversary.

We requested through our PVP a table for 2 on our Valor cruise last month. On embarkation day (between 1:30 & 4:30) we went to see the Maitre'D in one of the dining room (Capers designated which one). We asked the guy standing near the Maitre'D if we had a table for 2 and he answered immediately that we did not. Not sure he could even read the number on our S&S card. Had no problem getting it changed, though.

The table was not in the best location, but we were satisfied with it. I'm like you are (talk to anyone but maybe not trees!!! LOL), but he's shy till he knows someone so prefered a table for 2.

Hopefully, you won't have any problem getting it changed.

Archived