Going On Honeymoon cruise and need advice please

yahooyou81

My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in December of this year I talked her into going on a cruise she has never been on one before and I have been on one cruise before on the Holiday.

We are torn between three cruises basically and I would like to hear what some of you all have to say about these ships please! Likes and dislikes and if you have been on all three ships or two of the ships which one you liked better! two of the cruise are basically the same just different ships.

1.) Valor- goes to Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Cozumel, and Belize

2.) Glory- Goes to the same as the Valor

3.) Miracle- Limon, Colon, and Belize

My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in December of this year I talked her into going on a cruise she has never been on one before and I have been on one cruise before on the Holiday.

We are torn between three cruises basically and I would like to hear what some of you all have to say about these ships please! Likes and dislikes and if you have been on all three ships or two of the ships which one you liked better! two of the cruise are basically the same just different ships.

We took a honeymoon cruise on the disney cruise...was fun. But since then have cruised with carnival. I have never been on any of the ships listed above but am booked on the glory in june. I have been to Cozumel and really liked it there and am going back in June. We have an aft wrap around balcony.. If you do go to Cozumel, make sure you go to Coconuts bar and grill....its fabulous....

I can tell you I am going on my Honeymoon aboard the Conquest. I have been to Belize and Cozumel and liked both. We swam with the dolphins in Cozumel and did the tubing in the cave in Belize. I attached a picture so you can see what Belize looks like outside of the city. But that was when the Elation was sailing in the Caribbean. So, after all that, I guess I can't really answer your questions about those particular ships.

IMG_0392.jpg.5c41834071892dd14ebefee22764023d.jpg

The Valor and the Glory are essentially the same ship. Both are Conquest Class ships so their design is identical. The only difference is how the interior is decorated.

The Miracle is a Spirit Class ship. Built a little sleeker to be able to fit through the Panama Canal.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. But if your interest is the itinerary I would lean toward the Valor or Glory. If your focus is the ship I think the Miracle (Spirit Class) is prettier then the Valor/Glory.

The Valor and the Glory are essentially the same ship. Both are Conquest Class ships so their design is identical. The only difference is how the interior is decorated.

The Miracle is a Spirit Class ship. Built a little sleeker to be able to fit through the Panama Canal.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. But if your interest is the itinerary I would lean toward the Valor or Glory. If your focus is the ship I think the Miracle (Spirit Class) is prettier then the Valor/Glory.

I agree with you 100%

On any of these, I would spring for the balcony....very romantic with your own personal sunrises/sunsets.

Are you in Oklahoma?? Not sure what your state is. You could drive to Galveston or New Orleans, so Id pick Conquest, Voyager or Triumph out of New Orleans instead. Voyager goes to Roatan every other week and has more wow factor. It arrives for its winter cruises starting Dec 14th I believe, so if you are cruising earlier in Dec you could pick one of the other two ships.

The Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan and Belize itinerary is awesome! Roatan is the most beautiful place I have ever been. I have sailed the Valor and would highly recommend it. As has already been posted, the Valor and Glory and very similar.

we will be doing Miracle in November. We have NOT been on this ship. But I will be doing a review of it once we return.

Glory is an awesome ship. We totally love her, but alas, she is leaving port and going to Miami this year.

Have never sailed Valor. Maybe some day.

It is really to each his own. The Cruise Director Butch is an awesome dude on Glory. He is out with the crowd, and will talk to you, has a morning show on the tv, and if he knows you just got married, leave him a note, he will send you something to your cabin. Probably a bottle of champange.

Have fun.

we will be doing Miracle in November. We have NOT been on this ship. But I will be doing a review of it once we return.

Glory is an awesome ship. We totally love her, but alas, she is leaving port and going to Miami this year.

Have never sailed Valor. Maybe some day.

It is really to each his own. The Cruise Director Butch is an awesome dude on Glory. He is out with the crowd, and will talk to you, has a morning show on the tv, and if he knows you just got married, leave him a note, he will send you something to your cabin. Probably a bottle of champange.

Have fun.

If Ihad Butch's email I would send it to you so you could let him know in advance you are going to be there.

Congratulations! A little background, I am a Tourism professor and a local college, a wedding planner and an avid cruiser. I have been on 2 of the 3 ships you are looking at. By far, choose the Miracle. You would have fun with any of the itineraries, but the ships make the difference. I didn't dislike the Glory, it's just that the Miracle is easy to get around, had the best captain and crew and the social director team is second to none. They have plenty of tables for 2 in the dining room also. This is still my overall favorite ship in the fleet, and that includes the Princess ships!

Best of luck to both of you!

Do the Glory!! love that ship, been on her 3 other times. spring for the aft wrap around 6483 or the one above her the balcony is about 75 feet long and wide the sunrises are fantastic and ther is enought room that if you take a small cd player you can have a private dance floor under the stars also the room is a cat 9A AND IS MUCH BIGGER. be sure to write guest relations at Carnival and tell them that it's your honey moon and you are a past guest they may decorate your room and give you somehting else. If you write the letter about 45 days prior to sailing you may get a letter that tells you to call the bon voyage dept for a gift this has happened to me a couple of times. most of all enjoy the trip

The Glory and the W. Carib. would be what I would choose for a 1st cruise experience. It's a great ship with most of the bells and whistles, plus the food was great on her when we went.

The W. Carib. is a great place to see beauty AND have wonderful excursions. There's Chankanuub Park, Nachi Cocum, Fins and Flippers, cave tubing, zip lining, shopping, beaches (think Caulker Caye!!), etc... Plus you get to hit Atlantis on your way back. What could be better? :D

I've never been on the Valor, but it's exactly like the Glory, so I'm sure it would work, as well.

I've only been on the Glory as far as the ships go, but have been to all of the locations you've mentioned.

If you want a more active cruise, choose the Cayman one, if you want more sea days and a quieter one choose the Costa Rica one.

I loved Costa Rica the best out of all the places we've been (close second in Aruba)

The people were nice, the places I saw were clean and well cared for. Panama was kinda dirty and icky but the canal was worth going through if you've never been through locks, very cool.

Any of the places you go, make sure you research the excursions, they all have excellent tours that can be very affordable. the port of call boards can help you.

Congratulations!!!! Carole

Archived