RCI, Freedom Class, 1 year old, bath time

um5xno1

We have been in RCI before and know the set up of the "beam me up Scotty" showers. Other people have mentioned the showers at the gym/spa are roomier and available for all to use. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience in those showers, our would possibly know if it would be easier for us tp bathe our 1yo there instead of in the cabin shower....any experts?

Unless something has changed since 2007, you had to be 16 to enter the gym area - no exceptions even if a parent was present. They were very strict on our cruise that year. I like the PP's idea of bringing a small basin - I have also seen pics of the small blow-up duck bath/pool. When my DD was small (she is now 13) we just used a tub seat attached to the shower floor in a hotel that did not have tubs - it was not the best but it also worked. Watch small fingers near the shower drain. I used a swim suit because I was as wet as she was.

Gym/Spa has an age limit. Bring an inflatable duck tub...you can find them at Target. Or a small, cheap inflatable pool to fit in the shower. The shower heads are removable.

I am assuming you don't have a JS or above on Liberty, correct? Because they do have bath tubs.

Gym/Spa has an age limit. Bring an inflatable duck tub...you can find them at Target. Or a small, cheap inflatable pool to fit in the shower. The shower heads are removable.

I am assuming you don't have a JS or above on Liberty, correct? Because they do have bath tubs.

Nope, D-2....thought about the JS but the price on the D-2 was too good....plus we needed joiners...JS joiners are hard to come by

we're going to take our inflatable baby tub with us on our cruise for our son. it was about $20 at babies r us. you wouldn't want to try to blow it up with your own breath, so make sure you take an electrical inflation device. we have a small one that we use for air mattresses that we'll tuck into our suitcase.

I can't find our exact one online (it's not the duck tub, but that's cute, too!), but this is similar and it's only $13: http://www.csnbaby.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=SFT1115&refid=FR51-SFT1115

We use it at home for every bath. It uses less water than the big tub and it's not slippery on the bottom for our son.

Archived