Tipping at Camp Carnival

woodman

I'm taking my 10 year old Grandson on his first cruise in January. A 5 day one with 2 sea days. He will be in the kids program and I was wondering how much should I tip the staff at camp Carnival. All suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks

Cali-croozer is right, the camp carnival counselors are all salaried professionals. I know how you feel though. When you see how much these people go out of their way to make your kids happy, you can't help feeling like rewarding them. In fact, many people do tip the counselors regardless of their salary and that's okay. :) Some give them a $20, others tip them $40 or $50 dollars. It's according to how long your cruise is and how good of a job they are doing. One thing they really appreciate more than anything else is a comment card praising their hard work. There was a discussion about this not long ago in the "Family" section of the boards. Several people mentioned how much they tipped the counselors on their cruises. You might do a search on it.

I have asked the same question in the past and I used the advice that others given me and used calling cards as a token of appreciation. You can buy them in bulk (at a great price) at warehouse stores like BJ's or Sams. The reason why I say bulk is because there is a team of counsellors that will be caring for you kids onboard and tipping all of them in cash, could get expensive. They did seem to genuinely appreciate them, especially since most people don't give them anything and they can use them to stay in touch with their family and friends at home. Insert them in a thank you card for a nice touch.

Archived