Princess Spa Massage?

JettaGirl

I am thinking about booking my BF a massage on our upcoming cruise. This will be a surprise for him and a good way to "relax" b/c he is quite stressed with life issues. I would schedule the massage the first sea day so it will be a wonderful start to the cruise.

My 2 questions:

1. Men- is a 50 minute Swedish massage worth it? Do you like getting massages? (My BF has gotten a few in the past)

2. Everyone - Is it worth the $119 for a 50 minute massage???

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

I am thinking about booking my BF a massage on our upcoming cruise. This will be a surprise for him and a good way to "relax" b/c he is quite stressed with life issues. I would schedule the massage the first sea day so it will be a wonderful start to the cruise.

My 2 questions:

1. Men- is a 50 minute Swedish massage worth it? Do you like getting massages? (My BF has gotten a few in the past)

2. Everyone - Is it worth the $119 for a 50 minute massage???

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

The Swedish massage can be very relaxing and great for getting out the stress of life. Ask to meet the masseur when you book, explain what you are doing and check out whether he will be comfortable with him/her. Also say to the masseur it will not be necessary to sell him anything product thank you. The therapists at the spa are always eager to please and he should have a great massage. The current price ashore in Victoria at a good spa is about the same as onboard.

I get massages a lot, both onboard and at home. I've tried to get my DH to book one, but he is very nervous about it. His main issue is that a man might do the massage. I know this sounds weird, but both of my sons had the same exact worry. The idea of a man touching them totally creeped them out.

Then, I heard other men make that same statement and talked to my usual day spa about it and they said it is quite common. You might want to ask your BF how he feels about that and also if he thinks he could relax enough to enjoy it. The majority of messeuses (sp?) are women, but there are men sometimes and you may need to specify which gender he wants. Sometimes, it takes quite a few massages before you really feel comfortable having them done.

I get massages a lot, both onboard and at home. I've tried to get my DH to book one, but he is very nervous about it. His main issue is that a man might do the massage. I know this sounds weird, but both of my sons had the same exact worry. The idea of a man touching them totally creeped them out.

Then, I heard other men make that same statement and talked to my usual day spa about it and they said it is quite common. You might want to ask your BF how he feels about that and also if he thinks he could relax enough to enjoy it. The majority of messeuses (sp?) are women, but there are men sometimes and you may need to specify which gender he wants. Sometimes, it takes quite a few massages before you really feel comfortable having them done.

I have only had women as masseurs and I do request that.

Archived