What are the bed options for three people in a room on the Triumph?

Sigyn

We're about to book a room on the Carnival Triumph and I'm trying to figure out the various bed setups in each type of balcony room. The room will have myself, my husband and our toddler son in it. He will sleep with us, most likely. He's too little to sleep in an upper by himself - he'd climb right out. I might be able to let him sleep on the pull-out sofa, if the room has one, by that point. But the cruise isn't for six or so months and so I can't fathom him being able to sleep in a real bed without us in it with him to keep him from rolling out! But maybe that will be an option when the time comes.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what the setup is in each room. At first I was going to get an oceanview room, and those most all had *'s next to the cabin number on the deck plan, indicating a pull-out couch and two twins beds that convert to a king bed. That sounded like a great setup and would work for us.

But now that the Early Saver prices appeared, we've decided to get a balcony room since it's such a good deal. All of the balcony rooms show that they have either an upper, signified by a dot on the deck layout at carnival's website, or they have nothing at all.

What kind of beds are in a room that show nothing at all? I'm browsing through the rooms with it saved that I'm booking three fares. So I don't know why it's showing me rooms that might not house three people.

Of course, it probably won't matter to us at all since we are most likely going to have him sleep in the king bed between us. But will they book a room for three people if there is only technically room for two people to sleep, as in a room with only two twin beds?

Any insight will be much appreciated. This is my first-ever cruise so I have a lot to learn. Thanks!

Some cabins have sofas that convert to a bed, others do not. Another option for you could be to have a rollaway cot brought in for your son. It's right on the floor, so there's no danger of your son rolling out. We had the rollaway for our youngest son on several cruises on Victory (same layout as Triumph) and it has worked well. Last year we were able to book a cabin that normally sleeps two and have a rollaway brought in for the third person. I'm not sure whether you can book this arrangement online - we've always called to book.

Archived