Just returned from Liberty...my review... (LONG! Sorry!)

kmcg8r

I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to... When you arrive at the port and getting a porter to take the luggage? Or on the return end? Or at some other point? Can you clarify a little more please?

Yes, Luggage Valet is a service offered by royal caribbean at the end of the cruise. Its basically a way of checking your luggage for your return flight in onboard the ship for a small surcharge of $20per bag.

Theres quite a lot of confusion over this as some people say it is being offered, and some say its not. Im going in march and would love to know if this is going to be an option.

Thanks, Amanda

We used luggage valet on our Alaskan cruise aboard the Serenade last summer which ended in Vancouver. It was the best $20 per bag we have ever spent. We did not see our bags from the time we left them outside our door until we returned to LAX. We were, of course, greatly relieved that they arrived when we went to the luggage area. The passengers who did not use this service had to get a cart and take their luggage through US Immigration at the airport personally. I thought that they only offer this in Vancouver since there are so many ships there during the summer and the airport is overwhelmed.

Sheila

good to know about the taxi's as we have to make it to hertz, pick up a rental and get it back to Tampa area by 1pm.

by the way, you wouldn't happen to know the price to make a demo at the "on the air" ? just thought it might be fun. IF it isn't a price that I CAN refuse:p

Can't think of the names now Sorrento's? and the other deli place in the Cafe Promenade?? anyway, do you know if they were pretty much always open? what about on port days? I am not a buffet fan.

Glad to hear of your spa experience. have some OBC and thinking about doing a reduced price massage or facial

Sorry you had sucky weather.

Thanks for all the info.

Glad to hear you had a great time on the ship...Sorry about the flowers, did you call today to inquire about a refund???

I did call about my flower mishap, and yes, they are refunding the money to his credit card... so that is nice. They were very friendly and apologetic. :)

Can't think of the names now Sorrento's? and the other deli place in the Cafe Promenade?? anyway, do you know if they were pretty much always open? what about on port days? I am not a buffet fan.

Glad to hear of your spa experience. have some OBC and thinking about doing a reduced price massage or facial

Sorry you had sucky weather.

Thanks for all the info.

Oh yes, these were always open. We had our 1:30am pizza a few times ;)

Pizza, antipastas, deli sandwiches, dessert... alwasy available.

Room service is also good if you don't like the buffet.

Thanks for the wonderful review. I'm going on the 02/28 sailing. You mentioned Bernard Tours. I'm interesting in takin a tour in San Marten - did you have to book in advance (if so how?) or was the tour available at the port? Thanks!

Bernard was great. It was a great way to see the entire island and he can customize it depending on what your whole group wants to do.

We did book in advance (www.bernardstours.com), received an email confirmation and then he was waiting at the information booth. Very easy to find. A couple who did not make reservations showed up and he allowed them to join, but they went with a different driver. Myself, my boyfriend, and 6 or 8 others (all booked in advanced) were actually touring with Bernard, and about 6 others were touring in a separate van with another guide. He was great though. Free drinks included rum punch (which I did not try but heard was very strong!), sodas, waters, beers.

good to know about the taxi's as we have to make it to hertz, pick up a rental and get it back to Tampa area by 1pm.

by the way, you wouldn't happen to know the price to make a demo at the "on the air" ? just thought it might be fun. IF it isn't a price that I CAN refuse:p

Sorry, don't know that... we never looked into it!!

Yes, Luggage Valet is a service offered by royal caribbean at the end of the cruise. Its basically a way of checking your luggage for your return flight in onboard the ship for a small surcharge of $20per bag.

Theres quite a lot of confusion over this as some people say it is being offered, and some say its not. Im going in march and would love to know if this is going to be an option.

Thanks, Amanda

This was offered on the Liberty Jan 17-24

You have to be flying with one of the listed airlines, to a US destination, leaving after a certain time.

Since we flew to Toronto Canada from Miami, I don't have the specifics - we didn't use it. I'm sure a quick search of the RCI site or here will list the details.

I havent been on RCCL in about 5 years - been on Carnival and now decided to come back. ( I cant wait!!) Can anyone tell me if you are able to take your own luggage on board or do you have to leave it with the luggage porter. I really prefer to take my own on - drop it at the room and go exploring the first day.

[quote name='MintySweet']Thanks for the wonderful review. I'm going on the 02/28 sailing. You mentioned Bernard Tours. I'm interesting in takin a tour in San Marten - did you have to book in advance (if so how?) or was the tour available at the port? Thanks![/QUOTE]

We are going to be on this ship with you Minty!!!! I cant wait.

[quote name='LADYDI61']I havent been on RCCL in about 5 years - been on Carnival and now decided to come back. ( I cant wait!!) Can anyone tell me if you are able to take your own luggage on board or do you have to leave it with the luggage porter. I really prefer to take my own on - drop it at the room and go exploring the first day.[/quote]

I think as long as it can fit through the xrays you can. We just didn't want to bother since the rooms are not ready til 1pm and we got on a few hours before that. But someone may be able to answer for sure from their experiences.

Thanks for your review. I'm glad that you had a great time. I'm sorry to hear about the flowers, but am happy that they tried to right an employees wrong. I have a few questions for you.......Was the ship full? Were there a lot of kids on board? Was anything crowded on sea days? Was Labadee dirty or not picked up? Who serves the food at Labadee....RCCL staff or islanders. Thanks in advance. :)

[quote name='hoop4321']Thanks for your review. I'm glad that you had a great time. I'm sorry to hear about the flowers, but am happy that they tried to right an employees wrong. I have a few questions for you.......Was the ship full? Were there a lot of kids on board? Was anything crowded on sea days? Was Labadee dirty or not picked up? Who serves the food at Labadee....RCCL staff or islanders. Thanks in advance. :)[/quote]

Let's see... I don't think the ship was totally sold out, though am not 100% positive. I never saw a "sold out" sign, but I did see that they wouldn't allow room changes. So I'm not sure.
There were kids on board but I didn't think it was overrun by kids at all - everyone was very well behaved.
On sea days...let's see. The only time I really felt "crowded" was on the really-nice weathered sea day, and the pool was definitely crowded. Otherwise, it was crowded in the promenade during the parades and activities there. The windjammer was crowded but always (except the one time) found a table by ourselves. That was about it.
I never noticed Labadee dirty but someone else on my sailing mentioned that. It was a terrible weather day, so we were really distracted by that. I have been there before though and if the weather is nice, I love it. It is so relaxing. The lunch is served by the RCCL stiaff, not the islanders. The only "islanders" you see are those in the market, and those who try to get you a lawn chair so they can get a tip.

[quote name='readytolose']Do you have any pictures you care to share?

The kids and I can't get enough of the pictures![/quote]

I am going to work this weekend on getting them uploaded to a site that I can share. Will let you know though when I do.

Archived