Sapphire Princess Traditional Dining Room

TrojanJulez

Hello! If we have anytime dining, does that mean that we'll be assigned to the International Dining Room? I thought I remembered reading that we might be assigned to the Vivaldi Room, but I thought that was only for anytime diners? So, if we could be assigned to either room (if that's even correct), is either one better? Do they both have ocean views?

Also, are the table oblong or rectangular? We're sailing in a group of 14, and we know that we'll be at 2 separate tables, but we're hoping that they might push them together for us. (Obviously that won't work if they're oblong).

Thank you! :)

My Observations:

International DR is the main traditional. Vivaldi is sometimes assigned as an overflow. Your cabin key card will have the name of the DR as well as the table #. Maximum table size even when squished (that is more of the chairs are armless) is 10 round shape. It is best to get tables of 8 (round / oval) and 6 (rect or oval) adjacent to each other and then rotate your group members.

There are very few tables with windows and they are not going include a table for 8 (possibly 6 and 4). There is not much view at dinner time except during sailaway.

When you board, check the table number of each person. They should be at most 2 different tables. Then after boarding, go over to the DR and "ask" whether anyone can tell whether the 2 tables are sort of together. They don't place the table # flags until about 5pm.

Hello! If we have anytime dining, does that mean that we'll be assigned to the International Dining Room? I thought I remembered reading that we might be assigned to the Vivaldi Room, but I thought that was only for anytime diners? So, if we could be assigned to either room (if that's even correct), is either one better? Do they both have ocean views?

Also, are the table oblong or rectangular? We're sailing in a group of 14, and we know that we'll be at 2 separate tables, but we're hoping that they might push them together for us. (Obviously that won't work if they're oblong).

Anytime diners use the four midship dining rooms. The International is only for traditional dining. They also may use one of the anytime dining rooms for early traditional seating (on our cruise we were first seating traditional in the Savoy restaurant).

The shapes of the tables vary... only a few are oblong, the rest are mostly circular. I don't think they'll be able to push anything together for you. But, you might want to talk to the Maitre D' on embarkation day and see what he can do for you.

Guest Snorkelbunny

Yes, the Vivaldi is used for First Seating until 8pm, but we discovered a good tip last year on the Diamond. If there are really long waits for the other three anytime dining venues and it's after 7pm, go to the Vivaldi. We were seated right away as anytime diners. The first seating diners had already left and the anytimers didn't think to check until 8pm!

Archived