5000 World Points Offer

x2tpd

If you apply for the World Points card as a new member they are giving 5000 points or $50 onboard credit. I am sure this is covered somewhere as I have read through EXTENSIVE posts regarding the Compass Rewards Card and that nightmare but I can't find it. I have three Compass Rewards Cards... I think it's only fair to pass those 5000 bonus points on to the people who were forced into the World Points Program. Anyone heard anything about this one way or another? Before I start calling I wanted to check... I know its only $50 but since they screwed me out of so much by closing the Compass Rewards Program I am out for anything I can get.

I totally agree! I do think they should give us the 5000($50) points but I don't think it is going to happen. BOA sucks and NCL should change their card to someone better. NCL is loosing business because of this. I now have a Carnival cruise booked for September replacing the NCL one that I had. I never would have gone with them but Carnival is really having some good deals and they sail out of Texas which is very good value for me. Freestyle meant alot to me but Carnival Conquest now has something similar. The more I learn about Carnival and the more NCL screws us...well...I go for the value...

Looks like I am going to have to contact BOA and ask... All the news about BOA losing so much money and the fear that they will be having to have guidance from the government may mean they are REALLY going to be less accomodating....

I called BOA about this exact question. I was told that the old card would not be replaced and that in order to get the 5000 points, you have to open a new account. The old card is still good and will earn the world points but you will not receive the 5000 points. I personally think anyone who had the old cards should automatically get the 5000 points, but I was told it would not be done. Opening a new account is not worth it to me.

as we were told, it is for NEW customers to B of A cards. But we are gone, so their loss with many more who joined us.

If you apply for the World Points card as a new member they are giving 5000 points or $50 onboard credit. I am sure this is covered somewhere as I have read through EXTENSIVE posts regarding the Compass Rewards Card and that nightmare but I can't find it. I have three Compass Rewards Cards... I think it's only fair to pass those 5000 bonus points on to the people who were forced into the World Points Program. Anyone heard anything about this one way or another? Before I start calling I wanted to check... I know its only $50 but since they screwed me out of so much by closing the Compass Rewards Program I am out for anything I can get.

and love the HH Signature Visa with free companion air, 10 points per $1 for hotel pays for anything Hilton. They are also the only hotel chain that cashes in points for emergency stays right at the check in desk. Just give the silver card to the clerk, she calls to cash them in. Terrific! Love the 7500 points per night for Hampton Inn & 10K for Embassy. Too bad air miles are only 10% of point value, but still good if needed. Loads of points for not much money every month.

We switched to a VISA Hilton HHonors card from Citibank last fall. At least we'll get some decent hotel points, which we can use in connection with our cruises. Bye, NCL.

5,000 points or not, I'm gone! The changes to earning & redeeming points has pushed me out the door. I'm using cash back rewards card now. The big pluses are that I can spend the money on ANY cruise line, and I don't have to wait to accumulate a huge number of point to cash in. Bye, bye BOA!

I just cancelled my Bank of Garbage card. They sent me (5) 100 point certificates. These are totally useless. I feel that NCL and BOA screwed their loyal customers. With the old Compass Rewards card, for every $16,000 (approx....depending on 3 or 4 points given on a purchase) spent you received a $500.00 discount off an NCL cruise. Now.....with the new World Point card one must spend $50,000 to get a $500.00 discount! Cancel, cancel, cancel!

Archived