Passion Island Escape Excursion (CZ20)

kicker

Thanks for the feedback...I may evaluate the ages on board before I decide if we go with the kids. I've taken them both to the dolphin encounter so I thought this one would be fun too. I think just about anywhere else in this port will be filled with drinking...I just don't want to spend a large portion of the excursion on a bus. Been there, done that!!

We went last year during spring break with our 9 year old, we practically had the beach to ourselves, weren't many people there at all.

We went with Twister to get to the island, its a fun ride but if you get motion or sea sickness I wouldn't recommend it at all then.

We did the RCI Passion Island excursion, but we took the one that you went via the Twister Boat ride as well. There is no bus ride. You get on the boat right at the pier. You ride the Twister boat to and from the beach and get a wet, fun, exciting ride both ways. We had a blast! The boat does 360 degree spins and everyone gets splashed. It's definitely like a park thrill ride, not just transportation.

We also got to spend just a bit more time at the beach than those traveling by the catamaran. Some friends of ours took that tour and arrived about 30 minutes after we did.

We were there on Devember 13, 2008 and the catamaran picked us up right at the International pier. It wasn't a great day weather wise and getting off and on the boat at Passion Island was a bit hairy. As I said earlier we will try Nachi Cocom when we go back in March. They limit the guests to 100 and it's a much quicker ride to get there. Has anyone done this trip?

We did Passion Island by Cat last March. We enjoyed it, but tried Nachi in Jan and loved it. Either excursion you can't go wrong. The drinks were better at Nachi. The service was great at Nachi.

The Cat to Passion was rough and we were so thankful to have taken Bonine just before heading out.

Karen

We did this at the end of December. When we got off the Allure, there are all of these tents that had the different tour operators. We found the one for Passion Island very easily.

If I remember correctly, it was billed as a catamaran, but it was really a double deck boat (or maybe it was just a really, really big catamaran). The ride was pleasant... I took Meclazine and was fine (I get VERY motion sick!). Maybe lasted 20-30 minutes? There was no bus or jeep. We just pulled right up to the beach.

It was fantastic! Maybe only 20 people total were there. Heaven. :)

But beware of the "paparazzi"... Don't let him take your picture because he will pester you NON-STOP at the end to buy it. Told him no many times and finally gave him a few bucks just to go away.

I went a few years back, Isla passion by Twister Boat and it was awesome, one of my favorite excursions. We took the twister boat ride from the end of the dock and it seems like it took 20-30 mins to get there and the beach is just beautiful with a buffet lunch and rum punch. Was a very good fun, relaxing time!!

We did this at the end of December. When we got off the Allure, there are all of these tents that had the different tour operators. We found the one for Passion Island very easily.

If I remember correctly, it was billed as a catamaran, but it was really a double deck boat (or maybe it was just a really, really big catamaran). The ride was pleasant... I took Meclazine and was fine (I get VERY motion sick!). Maybe lasted 20-30 minutes? There was no bus or jeep. We just pulled right up to the beach.

It was fantastic! Maybe only 20 people total were there. Heaven. :)

But beware of the "paparazzi"... Don't let him take your picture because he will pester you NON-STOP at the end to buy it. Told him no many times and finally gave him a few bucks just to go away.

LOL on the picture thing , have been there 3 times have never seen that , they have only taken our picture once and we love that picture its right in front of those 2 trees. that are in my avatar, and we had to go find her to see them.

The only thing we had once was guy kept trying to sell us Cuban cigars, found out the next time we went as I have learned everyones name as they are the same people each time you go , he was stealing them and selling them on his own :eek: they work for a guy and he was pocketing the money. I was trying to buy a box the next year and was saying dang last year I only paid this . and the guy was did this guy look like this and I was . yea . He laughed and said well you got a deal.

Archived