Cruising to South America in April on Norw. Sun

kikiz

This is our first Norwegian cruise - been on 7 Disney. Can someone tell me about the dress code, spa servcies and can you take a bottle of wine from restaurant to restaurant and what type of weather to expect - we are going to South America in April on the Sun! Thanks!

you can take the wine from anywhere on the ship to anywhere else. Or they can hold it for you.

Weather? Your route covers a wide range of weather. I would check the reviews from those that have taken this cruise and at weather.com

Dress code - pretty much casual. No format wear needed.

See notes below, especially roll call and ports of call.

If you consume part of a bottle of wine they will label and save the remainder. They will then retrieve it at any restaurant on the ship whenever you want it. I assume all the restaurants use the same wine storage location.

There are several reviews of the SUN South America cruise:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=177

Don

• 4 weeks later...
This is our first Norwegian cruise - been on 7 Disney. Can someone tell me about the dress code, spa servcies and can you take a bottle of wine from restaurant to restaurant and what type of weather to expect - we are going to South America in April on the Sun! Thanks!

We took the Sun from Buenos Aries to Valparaiso from 2/1-15/2009. We LOVED it! Casual dress for us, although there were 2 dress-up nights if you want to get dolled up and many did. Bring warm clothes. As you go south it will get colder. Temps ranged from 85 in BA to high 40's down by Cape Horn. We had clear weather for going by the Horn--it was fabulous! We didn't buy any wine to carry on the ship, but I saw others' bottles being bagged and marked to pick up later. If you have any more questions, please let me know. JuneauGal

Hi there. Are you doing the April 12th repositioning cruise out of Santiago? If so, jaunt on over to the roll call and register for the meet and greet and also for dinner the first night! On our previous cruises with NCL, we always bought a bottle of wine which they will take and store for you if you don't drink it all in one sitting. :D They give you a chit which you give them the next time you want your wine. Doesn't matter what restaurant you buy it in they will bring it to any of the restaurants for you the next time you want it. You can also have it corked and take it back to your room. We love NCL because of the resort casual dress. Hope to meet you at the meet and greet.

Archived