Why I will never sail with RCI again

I'm pleased to hear you finally got your refund.

I really find it hard to understand why these companies don't value their loyal customers:confused::(........

I don't think this has to do with loyalty at all. There should be no discrimination in service between a first timer and a platinum cruiser.

OP : I'm so glad this has been resolved for you finally. I don't blame you in the least for feeling like you do.... it must have tarnished the whole experience for you.

Final update:

Royal Caribbean Arabia contacted me today to confirm that they did owe me the fuel surcharge refund. No apology.

This has taken them 5 weeks to sort out during which time they stated that it had been paid to my credit card, it had been refunded to my TA and that I was not entitled to a refund.

I suppose I should be grateful that I have got a result, but I still feel that there was a real attempt to cheat me.

RCI have at no time attempted to apologise for any of their incorrect statements and as such I am resolved to not sail with them again.

To all those who posted advice - many thanks. It's people like you that make this site what it is.

I'm glad to hear you got it resolved. I honestly don't think it was an attempt to cheat you. I think that in large companies mistakes are made, and it can be difficult to weed through it to get them straightened out. However, I agree with you on the apology. A sincere apology for the error and a "we're sorry for your inconvenience" goes a long way!

I'm happy you got it straightened out in the end, but I'm not surprised.

We had a great cruise on the Liberty in January, and our package had gratuities included. I double checked this directly with RCI , RCI C&A, and my TA verified it with her contact at RCI when I was sitting in front of her.

Like magic, on board, RCI had no trace of us ever having grats included. To reiterate, everytime we called to confirm before we left, it was showing. On board, neither the ship nor RCI Miami had a record of it.

They also told our TA they never had a record of it, despite the repeated confirmations beforehand.

I didn't let it ruin my cruise, and I'll prob sail RCI again (we are diamond) but RCI clearly has problems resulting from internal miscommunications.

Rev,

You are correct. you can only expect to get back what you give. Be nice and you are more than likely to be treated nice. How has you cruising been since you last sailed with us? How is your other half getting along?

Everett

Archived