Solstice Cabin 8228 (on the hump) or forward 8126?

Conanc

Hi,

Can anyone give me information about Cabin 8228 (Vista Deck) on the Solstice? We have it on hold right now. How much larger is the balcony, can you look straight down into the water, and is the bed near the balcony or the bathroom?

We are also looking at Cabin 8126. I know that most people prefer these hump cabins -- we had a great one on the Brilliance -- and I like the idea of a larger balcony, but DH likes the forward cabins. With 8126 it looks like you are able to see straight down. We spend a lot of time on the balcony sitting, standing at the rail, etc. which is why I am asking.

Thank you!

Nancy

Nancy:

I can't comment from experience as I haven't been on the ship yet but from numerous discussions on these boards here is what I can tell you.

The deck plans for deck 8 appear incorrect. The numbers actually correspond which the cabin directly aft on the deck plan. If you follow that logic then 8228 is the next to the last angle cabin right before the rear hump. It should have an extra large balcony but not as large as the one adjacent to it. I believe if I remember correctly it is 8 ft long on the short side and 11 ft long on the long side. The width is the same as all the other balconies.

I can't comment on the forward cabin. Good luck with your decision.

Ron

If the deck plan is incorrect and 8199 is actually one cabin aft of where it appears on the deck plan then that would be an ideal choice for you. It should have an oversized balcony, it's forward and it since it's angling in towards the ship it should get less wind then 8228 which is angled away from the ship.

Ron

• 4 years later...

Hi Conanc,

We sailed on the Equinox (twin of Solstice) in 2011 and had the adjacent cabin 8226 which we loved - the hump cabins are superb!

The balcony is very spacious and yes you can look straight down into the water as well as forward to the bridge etc. As mentioned by Carolyn you cannot see backwards.

We picked 8226 because the sitting area was closer to the balcony which meant when you were sitting in the cabin you were closer to the 'outside' and had a better view from the lounge area.

The cabins are excellently appointed with plenty of space to put your bits and pieces (suitcases go under the bed), the Celebrity experience is first class in every aspect.

Whichever cabin you choose I am confident that you will have a great time.

balconyview-1_zps61c5a4d7.jpg

Forward Balcony View from 8226

balcony8226_zps2dde1aa1.jpg

8226 Balcony

cabin8226_zpsd172af3c.jpg

Cabin 8226

Archived