Private Tour with Joyce?

I need guidance, please! DH and I will be cruising in September and have inquired of both Bernard and Joyce for private tours for ourselves and his parents. Joyce indicated that to hold our spot we needed to give her a credit card number. Has anyone else done this? We are new to crusing and hesistate to send our card number to someone we've never met in a country we've never been to. Thanks!

Joyce wants a Credit card number? I know she didn't when I was choosing between her or Bernard. I eventually went with Bernard and LOVED the private tour we booked with him. In all fairness I have never heard or read anything Bad about Joyce and even Bernard mentioned her as a respected fellow tour guide when we were speaking on our tour.You can't go wrong either way. But in regards to the original topic, Maybe Joyce was taking reserves with the honor system and had people not showing up. I would ask, but I wouldn't hesitate to give it to her (minimal deposit) if that's the case.

Happy cruising!

I did this last month. I called her with my credit card number. I would rather spend the $5 on an international call then piece mealing my credit card number to her. And yes, initially I felt uncomfortable giving her my CC number so I picked the card with the lowest limit and figured that I still wouldn't be out an obscene amount of cash if something horrible happened.

As expected, everything went incredibly well. CC was never charged. She does this because people are booking and then not showing up. This is her livelihood and pays her bills. The days she doesn't work she doesn't get paid. She also turns people down when someone has booked with her. So its really a protection for her.

Joyce is wonderful and her tour is great! If you go with her you won't be disappointed.

Joyce wants a Credit card number? I know she didn't when I was choosing between her or Bernard. I eventually went with Bernard and LOVED the private tour we booked with him. In all fairness I have never heard or read anything Bad about Joyce and even Bernard mentioned her as a respected fellow tour guide when we were speaking on our tour.You can't go wrong either way. But in regards to the original topic, Maybe Joyce was taking reserves with the honor system and had people not showing up. I would ask, but I wouldn't hesitate to give it to her (minimal deposit) if that's the case.

Happy cruising!

I booked with Joyce for my cruise last November. She requests a CC number to ensure that you are serious about touring with her and to block that time for you.

The card is never charged (I'm like another poster,I used a card with only a $200 limit) unless you fail to cancel within 24 hours of your tour. I know that on my sailing, the other two people failed to show up at the meeting spot.

Now, you pay her with cash at the end.

I've toured with both Bernard and Joyce and found them to be excellent guides. But I will give the edge to Joyce because it felt more like a me visiting a friend showing me their home island instead of a tourist.

I took a tour with Joyce in January and she asked for my cc number ahead of time just to hold the tour in case people do not show up. It's more of just insurance for her. I just called her and gave it to her instead of doing it via email. She is very pleasant and an excellent tour guide. Anything you want to do she will cater to your needs to make your experience in st. maarten better. If you want to stop somewhere for an hour or stay somewhere for an extended period of time she will work with you to do whatever you wish. Excellent tour. I would take it again if i returned to ST. Maarten.

Archived