Need Help Posting from Webshots

Hey Gang,

I'm trying to put our albums from webshots at the bottom of our signature...I want to change what I have below to actually show the ship we were on so it's a little more clear to other people...How do I change the URL myself...Any help please with a thanks in advance

Craig

Linking From Webshots:

Open the picture you want to post and click on the "Copy Code" icon.

2900762250103625543S425x425Q85.jpg

Choose your size (circle), then copy the address string in the "Direct link to image box (rectangle).

2485041210103625543S425x425Q85.jpg

Click on the "Insert image" icon on the CC editor.

2034304370103625543S425x425Q85.jpg

Paste the address string into the box and click OK.

2407712660103625543S425x425Q85.jpg

Voila!

2145787120103625543S600x600Q85.jpg

Dave

Thanks Dave, is there any way to change the address of the link to correlate to the ship we were on...Instead of the www.good-times etc

Craig

Your link in the signature is for the album, not the picture.

Just find the image you want to use in your album and copy the code from it as shown above. Here's one of yours...the code will look like this:

http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/6593/2494565390085399036S500x500Q85.jpg

If you use the insert photo button and paste it in your signature (smaller of course), it will show up there like this...

2494565390085399036S500x500Q85.jpg

Dave

Dave, with due respect I believe you have misunderstood what the OP wants to achieve. (The Thread title was probably a bit misleading )

I think Craig wants to be able to change the text in his signature to something more descriptive in terms of the relevant ships etc. while still retaining the link to the album

Here's how, Craig:

In Control Panel, Edit My Signature, type text or add whatever you want to be in your signature (can be anything, even a picture - linked from the relevant album - or a smiley, like in my signature).

Then you select that text (or whatever) and click on the icon that looks like a globe with a chain link at the bottom (Insert Link). Post the URL of your webshots album into the pop-up box and voila! - the link should now be set up.

Crown Princess

2976535250085399036VkFgGT_th.jpg Click the photo for Celebrity Galaxy album

peppiokay.gif Click me to travel on Carnival Freedom in Europe

Hope this helps :)

You know what, you're right, it was misleading...Both tips have brought me back to feeling like a little kid who got a bill instead of a coin from the tooth fairy lol...Great advice for both situations and will use extensively when we get back from Hawaii...Geez, I got a new camera for Xmas and have never been more excited to use it...Cheers to both

Craig:D

It's the cool little guy you got blinkin' that says "kay" on it...How do I get that?

This particular little fellow comes from http://www.millan.net but there are lots of other websites where you can find free smileys and other (animated) characters. Some allow you to direct link to their website, with others you need to save them onto an online storage of your own (like Webshots, Photobucket etc.).

Principle is the same. You copy the link to the critter and paste it into your signature (A). Now copy the link to your album (B), select the pasted critter link (A), click on the globe and paste your album link (B) into the box.

Voila - Bob's your uncle !

Good luck - have fun ... action-smiley-057.gif

Craig, you're doing great!

Don't know about music on the slideshow (haven't really gone much into Webshots past the basics) - I personally use Picasa but haven't checked out if that can play music with its slideshow either I must admit ...

Ok, so I got my cantina band which I thought was hilarious...Tried to link the webshots album with the globe but it takes me back to millan when you click on the band...What am I doing incorrectly?

Here's the link to you cantina band:

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/cantinabandf.gif

Delete the image you have there now(your's has a link to the origin site embedded, which is why it takes you there) and use the insert image button and paste the link above. Right-click on the new image and use the Insert Link button to paste the address of you web album.

It should come out like this:

cantinabandf.gif

This is the code that results:

[url="http://family.webshots.com/album/547161896iqFYve?vhost=family"][img=http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/cantinabandf.gif][/url]

This can be done for any image and any destination address. It's the same method I use for the gallery links in my signature.

Dave

Archived