Princess excursions

Bibi

We are sailing on the CB on March 15, 2009 and had reserved some shore excursions, through the Princess website in December 2008 when we booked our cruise. I just went on their website again to look at other excursions when I noticed that the ones I already booked had increased in price!

I then went to my cruise personalizer to check my excursions and sure enough, the prices went up on my account! For example, we reserved the St. John island tour for $69.00 per person (we booked for 3 people). The price on my reservation is now $79.00 per person! I wanted to make sure that I wasnt wrong so I checked my printout (which I printed when I reserved) and there it was....$69.00 per person.

I am stunned that Princess would do this without even notifiying people that the price had increased. I have emailed customer relations about this, but from what people have said about them, I wonder if I will even get a response. If not, I will cancel these excursions and just go private.

Just wanted to share this info with you all, so that if you have reserved, you can double check the price to be sure you are paying what you think and not more!

Happy cruising! :cool:

This doesn't happen often as there is usually a contract in place but it does happen, whether it's on Princess or any other cruise line. What it means is that the tour operator has raised their prices. You have a couple of choices since you haven't actually paid for these tours yet: you can cancel them and try to find something on your own, or you can leave them as reserved at the new prices. You can also call Princess and explain that when you reserved the tour, it was at a specific price and you expect them to honor that price. I've seen them do that so it's worth a shot.

We are sailing on the CB on March 15, 2009 and had reserved some shore excursions, through the Princess website in December 2008 when we booked our cruise. I just went on their website again to look at other excursions when I noticed that the ones I already booked had increased in price!

I then went to my cruise personalizer to check my excursions and sure enough, the prices went up on my account! For example, we reserved the St. John island tour for $69.00 per person (we booked for 3 people). The price on my reservation is now $79.00 per person! I wanted to make sure that I wasnt wrong so I checked my printout (which I printed when I reserved) and there it was....$69.00 per person.

I am stunned that Princess would do this without even notifiying people that the price had increased. I have emailed customer relations about this, but from what people have said about them, I wonder if I will even get a response. If not, I will cancel these excursions and just go private.

Just wanted to share this info with you all, so that if you have reserved, you can double check the price to be sure you are paying what you think and not more!

Happy cruising! :cool:

This has happened to us a few times in the past. Normally we don't find out until we board and they send a letter to your stateroom informing you of the increase. They give you plenty of time to cancel if increase is more than you would like to pay.

Agreed, it doesn't happen too often, but it does happen. You will not be given the excursion for the price you first reserved it at, but will be paying the increased price.

Archived