Hotel Choice in Big Easy....Please Help

Lizalico

Does anyone have any info on hotels in New Orleans.We last stayed there in 03.The hotel we stayed at has "ALOT" of bad reviews{Prytania Hotel}.We are sailing in Aug and would like to reserve our rooms now.Any info will be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Seems like the most popular pick is Drury Hotel which you can find links in the gulf port section to some specials for $99 if you cant google it and find it. They have free cruise parking, but it still costs for a cab, so you arent much better to me to take the free cruise parking on a 4 or 5 day Carnival cruise.

Iv seen some specials on hotwire, but Id be careful. There was a hotel for $39 that is in a very bad block, says french quarter, but is a couple blocks away and got horrible reviews, so Im leery of hotwire unless you go up on the stars.

We're staying at the Drury before we leave for our spring break cruise. I've done a lot of research on these boards and am convinced that it is a good deal. Parking for a five day cruise is $75, and from what I have read a cab is anywhere from $7 to 15$ dollars one way. That's a lot cheaper! Also, you can drive your car to the port and drop your family off and then head back and park at the Drury and walk back to the port. I've read that the walking is not so bad if you don't have any luggage. I'll let you know how everything turns out for us. Many people on our roll call are also staying there, so we're all pumped. If it's bad, then we're all in it together;)!!!

We're staying at the Drury before we leave for our spring break cruise. I've done a lot of research on these boards and am convinced that it is a good deal. Parking for a five day cruise is $75, and from what I have read a cab is anywhere from $7 to 15$ dollars one way. That's a lot cheaper! Also, you can drive your car to the port and drop your family off and then head back and park at the Drury and walk back to the port. I've read that the walking is not so bad if you don't have any luggage. I'll let you know how everything turns out for us. Many people on our roll call are also staying there, so we're all pumped. If it's bad, then we're all in it together;)!!!

Did you all book directly with the hotel?

For what it's worth... We've never been to New Orleans, but we're booked at the Marriott on Canal Street for the night before our April sailing. I got a great deal through Priceline, and have read outstanding reviews about the place since they renovated recently.

My honeymoon was in NOLA and we stayed at the Holiday Inn French Quarter. They have on site parking (which is rare down there) and the room was spacious and nice. I don't know the price because my FIL paid, but he's pretty cheap and we were there for 4 nights, so it can't have been to bad. It's a block off Bourbon, but we never heard any noise at night, also across from McDonald's, we went there for breakfast a few times. On the corner is a Walgreens for any last minute items.

~Kristie

For what it's worth... We've never been to New Orleans, but we're booked at the Marriott on Canal Street for the night before our April sailing. I got a great deal through Priceline, and have read outstanding reviews about the place since they renovated recently.

Stayed there after our Nov/07 cruise and after our Nov/08 cruise. Love the hotel and the bellhops are the best! They were a wealth of great info about where to eat and places not to miss. Got better info from them than from the hotel's concierge desk!:)

Looking forward to staying there again in the future.

Dianne

We stayed at the Chateau Sonesta exactly 1 year prior to Katrina. It was really nice, and at the time was only $99/night. It goes by a new name now. I'll see if I can find what it is called now...

OK, it is now called Chateau Bourbon. I don't know how it is since the name change, but it was really nice when we stayed.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MSYCB/main.wnt

Check the Ports of Call section under New Orleans. Lots of good hotel info posted there.

French Quarter:

Inn on Bourbon

Hotel Saint Marie

Holiday Inn FQ on Royal offers cruise parking package.

Downtown/Convention Center

Hilton Riverwalk

How much are you looking to spend?

In Aug there will be some great rates as its a sig downtime in NOLA. Im from there and take weekend trips all the time. In Aug you would be able to get a Room at the Ritz for around 119-150 a night. Other hotels I would consider:

Harrahs Hotel is very nice but cheaper to reward card holders

Queen and Crescent is a nice boutique hotel

Hotel Monteleon

Windsor Court

Iberville Suites (part of ritz hotel)

If I were you I would wait until Aug to book you will see some incredible rates. I cant think of any other time of year where its cheaper to stay there.

How much are you looking to spend?

In Aug there will be some great rates as its a sig downtime in NOLA. Im from there and take weekend trips all the time. In Aug you would be able to get a Room at the Ritz for around 119-150 a night. Other hotels I would consider:

Harrahs Hotel is very nice but cheaper to reward card holders

Queen and Crescent is a nice boutique hotel

Hotel Monteleon

Windsor Court

Iberville Suites (part of ritz hotel)

If I were you I would wait until Aug to book you will see some incredible rates. I cant think of any other time of year where its cheaper to stay there.

I will look into those hotels and your advice on waiting until Aug. to book.Just don't want to wait to late to book.

Well you can wait until July and still get the same deals but I would not book now.. They will not have their rates changed.. There will be ZERO problem finding a room in Aug. The restaurants here even have all kinds of specials they run from Aug - Oct. NOLA's big season is right now.. You cannot get a room because of Mardi Gras. But you will be fine with the time you are coming and you can stay in some really nice places.

Put it this way I stayed at the Club Level at Ritz this past August for 220 a night and that included free alcohol and 5 meal times and a very very nice room.. Right now if you could get that room it would run you 850-1000 a night. Late summers have always been down time for us.. Probably the most enjoyable time to be in New Orleans.

The Drury Inn is a great hotel. Nice rooms, beds, linens, spacious bathrooms, pool on the roof, good breakfast and evening snacks and drinks. The free parking is a great thing. The only bad thing is that there aren't many places to eat nearby, except Mothers - which I would recommend for at least one meal.

Hi,

We stayed at the Drury Inn for pre and post cruise 2/7/09 and 2/15/09. $110.00 a night including tax. The place is very clean, staff very helpful, free drinks(whiskey sours, beer, soft drinks etc) from 5:30PM to 7:00 PM, along with snacks. Nice breakfast in the morning. St Charles Streetcar right next to INN. We walked to the WW2 Museum, walked to the French Quarter, walked to Harrahs..nice walk and very safe. Will definitely stay there the next time in NO. We do want to go back, as there is ALOT to see and do. Found many good sites for info about NO. Ask and ye shall receive !!! We are 69 and 60 years of age

Taxis to port( or anywhere in the city) $7 per person plus $1.00 fuel charge( total for 2 adults $16.00) Taxi from the airport to downtown flat fee of $28.00 + $2.00 fuel ripoff :p total for 2 adults $30.00

If you are going to ride the trolleys $1.25 per person EACH time you get on. Get a visitorpass for $5.00 per day and ride as much as you want and get on and off as much as you want

Knarf (Frank backwards)

Archived