How cold is the water on the beach?

p2lockhart

If you were from Oregon, like me, you would be asking how warm is the water because the water temp on our beaches IS cold.

Anyway, I just read on scubadiving.com's message board someone's message ".....just back from Cozumel, water temp was 82 f." So I'd say the water temp would be 80-83f depending on your location.

We went to Dzul Ha on Nov 6th..our ship was delayed getting to cozumel till 4p so we just picked out the closest beach and it was Dzul Ha. We were dissapointed. Its a snorkeling beach no real beach/sandy area. A few tables and chairs.We just sat and had a few cocktails. The staff were very nice. No lounges save for a couple of those clamshell like ones. The bar/food hut is run down. We don't snorkle and the seas were very choppy due to el norte. Our taxi driver never came back for us and there were no other taxis around...the owner(?) hoped on his scooter and drove to chakanaab but there were no taxis there either (it was 5:15p now). Eventually a mexican in a pickup truck gave the 5 of us a ride in his pick up truck to downtown...that was the highlight of our trip!! I would reccommend a traditional beach area unless you want to snorkle.

Please don't let the conditions on Nov 6th ruin your impression of this area. We loved Cozumel. We too were there on that exact same day. It does take some research to pick the right beach for you. Our cruiseship, Carnival Inspiration cancelled all of their diving/snorkeling trips for that day due to the windy weather conditions. Dzul Ha is known for their superior snorkeling, so if you are not snorkeling there would have been other beaches that would have been better choices for that day. Right across the street is the Palmar Beach Club w/a swimming pool, that would have probably worked out better. Perhaps the lack of taxi's that day was due to the fact that people may have opted out of doing the 'beach thing' because of the weather conditions. You were very lucky to find the kind soul to get you back to the ship. I am so glad we rented a car, & had control over where & when we wanted to go somewhere. It gives you a chance to be more flexible in case your 1st choice doesn't work out.

We went to Dzul Ha on Nov 6th..our ship was delayed getting to cozumel till 4p so we just picked out the closest beach and it was Dzul Ha. We were dissapointed. Its a snorkeling beach no real beach/sandy area. ..... We don't snorkle ......

Well, Dzul Ha isn't a beach in the way most people think a beach is. Dzul Ha doesn't have sand that extends into the water, it has a rocky shore. This is exactly why it is good for snorkeling. If you don't snorkel, don't go to Dzul Ha. It would be like going to Carlos & Charlies for a nice, quite dinner for 2.

Well, Dzul Ha isn't a beach in the way most people think a beach is. Dzul Ha doesn't have sand that extends into the water, it has a rocky shore. This is exactly why it is good for snorkeling. If you don't snorkel, don't go to Dzul Ha. It would be like going to Carlos & Charlies for a nice, quite dinner for 2.

:D Ditto

Archived